Valero Plant Controller - Ethanol Plant in ALBERT CITY, Iowa
Serves as the senior financial position for the plant(s) and therefore, is the primary point of contact for all financial inquiries from internal plant, and headquarters personnel at all levels, external vendors, community representatives, and government representatives. Manages the Ethanol Plant(s) financial oversight consulting and stewardship of all business activities that can affect the overall financial results of the plant(s) and ensures that appropriate controls are in place to safeguard the company’s assets and mitigate risk. Leads capital budgeting, cost accounting, expense budgeting, financial and statistical or reporting.
- Serves as the liaison for working with Corporate Accounting, Plant Accounting, Commercial and Plant Operations to resolve differences in a timely manner.
- Compiles or provides access for the individual reports or composite reports as required by management or government agencies.
- Coordinates and interacts with internal and external audit team including specialty report preparation.
- Identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies, determining appropriate corrective procedures.
- Communicates and coordinates accounting policies, practices, and procedures with department and company managers, vendors, reporting agencies, and customers.
- Develops and reviews company business process documentation for accounting-related requirements.
- Manages support relationships and systems integration for accounting and commodities software.
- Maintains the plant reporting financial forecasts, leads monthly operations stewardship, capital budget tracking and reporting, analysis of variances to plan, and preparation, in conjunction with Operation of monthly Financial and Operating reports.
- Maintains the Plant controls management, inventory management, Headquarters accounting close support, budget management support, and operating agreement management.
- Coordinates duties among accounting staff and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Follows safety rules and procedures as set forth by Company and ensures direct reports also comply.
- Travels from home plant office and provides continual oversight of Accounting procedural and process guidelines within area of responsibility.
- Provides specialty leadership assigned for Commercial, Transactional Accounting, SAP reporting, Forecasting and Budgeting, and focused support with key areas dependent upon business priority.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Accounting, or Business degree with an emphasis in Accounting required.
- 10 years of industry accounting experience required.
- 3 years of lead and/or supervisory experience required.
- CPA and MBA preferred.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 14 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.7 billion gallons per year.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans. *LI-LP1
Primary Location: United States
Job Posting: Nov 5, 2018, 8:30:25 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18001I7