Valero QA/QC Lab Technician – Ethanol Plant in ALBERT CITY, Iowa
Implements the quality assurance (QA/QC) program for the ethanol plant to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
- Assists in implementing plant QA/QC program.
- Implements plant QA/QC program based on best practice in the ethanol industry by sampling various points in the process and conducting QA/QC tests.
- Ensures accuracy of analysis of samples and provides results in a timely manner.
- Monitors use and inventories of laboratory chemicals and supplies.
- Operates, maintains, and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Reviews reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations for adjusting process conditions to ensure that QA/QC standards are met.
- Maintains safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the QA/QC laboratory are met at all times.
- Participates in the safety program for the QA/QC laboratory.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Demonstrates teamwork and takes initiative in daily work.
- Assists coordinating activities with other departments.
- Communicates directly with production department to ensure effective participation by the process operators in the implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures.
- Implements programs and procedures required to ensure laboratory and plant cleanliness.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the ethanol process. This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
* High school diploma or GED required. * Associates (or higher level) degree in a related scientific or technical field or one year of experience in a laboratory setting required. * Bachelor’s (or higher level) degree in a related scientific or technical field preferred. * Experience with implementing effective QA/QC programs preferred. * Experience operating and troubleshooting automated laboratory equipment (such as HPLC or GC) preferred. * Experience with software programs such as Office, LIMS, Pi or SAP preferred. * Experience with Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) preferred. Valero’s pre-employment process includes successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen. About Valero Renewables – Albert City Valero's Albert City ethanol plant is located near Albert City, Iowa, about 95 miles northeast of Sioux City. The biorefinery sits on 78 acres and started ethanol production in December 2006. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Albert City plant annually processes approximately 47 million bushels of corn into approximately 135 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 355,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The biorefinery employs more than 70 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on a website that lists an estimated salary rate/range, it was not provided by Valero. Valero’s market specific salary rate/range will be provided during the recruiting process and tends to be higher than what is estimated by such websites.
Primary Location: US-IA-Albert City
Job Posting: Feb 5, 2024, 1:28:59 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 2400121
- Valero Jobs