Iowa State University Clerk II - Veterinary Pathology in Ames, Iowa
Position Title:Clerk II - Veterinary Pathology
Required Minimum Qualifications:• Any combination of clerical office experience, undergraduate education, and/or post high school clerical training that is the equivalent to one year of full-time employment.
Preferred Qualifications:Prior Veterinary clinic experience
Clerical secretary experience in medical field
Job Description:Under direct supervision, performs clerical work such as computing and coding requiring independent judgment in the application of policies and procedures within the area of assignment and according to stated guidelines. Duties may involve the use of personal computers, computer terminals, and/or a variety of software and conventional office equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
• Codes, tabulates, posts, and enters fiscal, statistical and other data.
• May use credit card machines, bar code systems, computers, or cash registers.
• Assembles standard forms, correspondence, records, and maintains associated files.
• Prepares, proofs, collects, copies, and cross checks routine documents and generates summary reports.
• Matches receipts/tickets to statements and maintains account records and other office records.
• Gathers, collates, processes requests, and classifies information according to established guidelines, requiring independent judgment in the selection of materials and using a variety of communicative sources.
• Greets and assists the public, patients, students, faculty and staff and provides information relative to the area of assignment and according to established guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of office routines and functions sufficient to relay factual information to visitors and telephone callers and to direct communications.
• Skill in operating office equipment.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and related software.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to perform routine arithmetic computations.
• Ability to collect data, keep accurate records, and prepare reports.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
Number of Months Employed Per Year:12 Month Work Period
Time Type:Full time
Application Instructions:To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following: 1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae 2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter If you have questions regarding this application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485. Why Choose ISU? Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as: • Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans • Generous vacation, holiday and sick time and leave plans • Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa) • Life insurance and long-term disability • Flexible Spending Accounts • Various voluntary benefits and discounts • Employee Assistance Program • Wellbeing program • This job may also be eligible for flexible work schedules and flexible workplace options that may include flexible working hours and a hybrid working environment.
Original Posting Date: November 22, 2022
Posting Close Date:December 1, 2022
Job Requisition Number:R10370
By focusing on the future and providing the best student experience possible, Iowa State attracts students and faculty who want to make a difference. With a comprehensive land-grant mission of education, research, extension and outreach, we produce scholars whose ideas change the world. And through Innovate at Iowa State , we provide innovative and entrepreneurial opportunities for students of all backgrounds. Located just 30 minutes north of Des Moines, the city of Ames was recently named one of the Top 10 cities in the U.S. for campus life and career opportunities.
Iowa State University is a global and culturally diverse university committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for both learning and employment. We know that diversity in experience and perspective is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and building an inclusive academic community. At Iowa State, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituents. The university has an expectation that all employees will demonstrate a contribution to diversity and inclusion as embodied in Iowa State University's Principles of Community. (https://www.diversity.iastate.edu/connect/principles)
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check and/or a consumer credit check.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email email@example.com .
If you have questions about the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll-Free at 1-877-477-7485 . Iowa State University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should email email@example.com or call (515) 294-4800 or Toll-Free: (877) 477-7485 . TTY users are welcome to use the Iowa Relay Service number by dialing 7-1-1 or (800) 735-2942 .
General ISU compensation information can be found on the University Human Resources (https://www.hr.iastate.edu/careers/compensation) website. Please note that this is only a list of ranges and individuals will be paid commensurate with qualifications.