Amcor Forklift Operator in Ames, Iowa
We are global, we are impacting the lives of millions every day, we are making a difference!
At Amcor we are inspired to change the packaging industry and are taking on the aspirational challenge to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025. Through our products and global footprint, we are in a unique position to truly make a difference in the packaging space. Our products impact the lives of millions of people across the globe every day from food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other essential products. Amcor is a thriving SandP 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US\$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860\'s and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites.
Will you be next to join our journey towards a more sustainable future?At Amcor we are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to providing sustainable packaging solutions. To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor, visit.
POSITION: Forklift Operator GRADE: Hourly
SCHEDULE: 7 pm - 7 am, 4 days on. 4 days off
Operates and maintains forklift to supply production operations with raw materials to produce finished product, transfers finished product to storage or staging area and ensures finished product is loaded onto trucks in a timely manner to meet customers delivery requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following:
- Other duties may be assigned
- Operates and maintains forklift in a safe and efficient manner using work instructions, visual management and computer interface.
- Supplies production operations with raw materials to produce finished product.
- Prints and scans Bill of Lading for all finished goods using computer interface and RF scanner.
- Inspects finished goods for quality defects.
- Transfers finished goods to staging or storage areas.
- Loads finished goods onto trucks in a timely manner to meet customers delivery requirements.
- Accurately completes all written logs and data input to include closing sequences on tickets and printing Bill of Lading.
- Ensures accurate inventory counts and notifies lead/supervisor of discrepancies.
- Effectively communicates with all internal departments.
- Removes/Reworks any damaged product on pallets.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs general housekeeping duties.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or general education (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enable the business to win. We are winning when:
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor\'s quality, service, and innovation
- Our investors benefit from Amcor\'s consistent growth and superior returns
- The environment is better off because of Amcor\'s leadership and products
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a l qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links \"EEO is the and \"EEO is the Law\" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 224-313-7000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Amcor Flexibles - United States is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links \"EEO is the Law\" Poster and \"EEO is the Law\" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 847-362-9000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.