Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Senior Software Engineer - Mobile in Ames, Iowa
Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
COMPANY: Raven Industries
Ames, IA, US, 50010 Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
REQ ID: 28204
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
The Senior Software Engineer – Mobile, will design, develop, and evaluate software from concept through production stage, and make modifications as needed. Using react and react native you will develop a combination of browser-based and device native applications that provide outstanding user experiences for our customers. With concepts of mobile first and responsive design our mobile applications will help users plan, monitor and evaluate autonomous agricultural vehicle missions and connected equipment workflows whether they are in-cab, edge-of-field or at their desk.
• Research, write, develop, test, and evaluate software programs.
• Work with teams to facilitate deployment related to software programs.
• Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhancement of existing software.
• Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
• Work with external customers to troubleshoot and solve problems.
• Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
• May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new or existing software.
• May assist with quote or request for quote process.
• Has broad knowledge and skills in the engineering discipline.
• Assignments are broad in nature requiring creativity and ingenuity.
• Responsible for defining technical approaches and tasks related to activities and projects.
• Performs moderate technical work that requires experience.
• Capable of defining appropriate approaches and solutions.
• Able to define critical project criteria to ensure project completion.
• May act as lead on projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
• Experienced engineer with 5+ years of career experience, with Bachelor's degree. 3+ years experience with Master's degree. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with both device native and browser-based web applications
• Understanding of API calls to complex backend systems
• Experience with Cloud connected endpoints and workflows (AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP)
• Familiar with UI/UX concepts and performance tuning
• Comfortable integrating with user experiences that span from dedicated devices to desktop browsers
• Experience in Precision Agriculture, Autonomous Vehicle or IoT logistics industries helpful
• Must be skilled at understanding requirements and quickly building out prototypes that validate use cases
• Experience working in agile (scrum) teams, delivering iterative software frequently
• Familiar with distributed source control systems and build/test/deploy automation (GitHub, GitLab, pipelines, Travis CI, Jenkins)
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.