OMG Midwest, Inc. Accounting Assistant - Ankeny, IA - 489716 in Ankeny, Iowa
Job ID: 489716
CRH is a leading global diversified building materials group, employing over 75,800 people at more than 3,160 locations in 29 countries. CRH is the leading building materials company in North America and the world. We manufacture and distribute a diverse range of superior building materials, products, and solutions, which are used extensively in construction projects of all sizes.
The Accounting Assistant position is responsible for the following functions, but not limited to, data entry for job cost accounting, billing, material purchasing, and general office duties. This position supports the Finance and Accounting Team, Operations Managers, and General Manager.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- General accounting tasks such as material purchase entry, hired haul entry, fuel usage entry, and related reconciliations to vendor invoices and statements
- Transferring tickets to accounting software
- Office duties such as scanning and filing
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Other duties as may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 1-2 years relevant experience in accounting and job costing preferred, but not required
- Experience in a construction environment preferred
- Must be 18 years in age or older
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and criminal background check
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Be able to safely drive a vehicle
- Report to the office dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required, minimal
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary, minimal
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with Management
- Proficient in Micorsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, data entry
- Strong problem solving skills preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- High standard of ethics, integrity, and trust
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus
- The employee is frequently required to sit, and use hands
- May require sitting for extended periods of time
- Standard office environment
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be moderate
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity