Atlantic Bottling Company Mechanic - Fleet Maintenance in Atlantic, Iowa
The Fleet Maintenance & Diesel Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and completing repairs on all types of vehicles for the company to minimize vehicle downtime and to maximize fleet life.
· Perform regular preventative maintenance (i.e. oil/lubrication, filters, battery, brake, transmission, coolant, tire rotations, etc.), unscheduled emergency repairs, and may include a variety of repair work including but not limited to engines, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, ignitions, air and exhaust systems, axle assemblies, and cosmetic features.
· Quickly and effectively diagnose and troubleshoot routine and non-route problems.
· Read and interpret equipment service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, as well as precision measuring tools.
· Follow all safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work area. Perform tasks safely and ensure safety of employee and others.
· Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) for department.
· Document all performed repairs and maintenance work.
· Favorably represent the company and iconic Coca-Cola brand image, ensuring ethical conduct at all times.
· Understand and follow all federal, state, local, and company regulations (such as the disposal of hazardous waste).
· Work well with other technicians and staff.
· Other duties as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
· High school diploma/GED with at least 1 year of related experience. Medium/Heavy Truck Master ASE Certification preferred, but not required. Class A CDL a plus.
· Previous maintenance experience is needed.
· Strong mechanical and technical capacity.
- Previous mechanical solving experience is required.
· Ability to troubleshoot and quickly resolve problems within assigned timeline.
· Ability to disassemble and reassemble.
· Ability to read, interpret, and follow blueprints, service directions, and work orders; follow all standard operating procedures, safety requirements, and GMP protocols.
· Strong problem resolution and analytical thinking skills.
· Ability to analyze and effectively solve complex problems, while dealing with stressful situations.
· An excellent team-player who is flexible and able to adapt to varying situations. Must have a pleasant demeanor, with good verbal communication skills.
· Experience with lock-out/tag-out.
· Good attention to detail is needed.
· Some computer experience is helpful.
· This position is very active and requires regular manual finger, hand, and arm dexterity, and to potentially work around cramped and tight spaces. Standing, walking, twisting, grasping, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, sitting, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day will be required. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items up to 75 lbs., and greater (with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The ability to climb stairs is also needed.
· Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided.
· This will mostly be a Monday-Friday role (7:00 am – 4:00 pm).
Note: No posting can contain a fully comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required in this role. Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a dynamic, ever-changing environment requiring flexibility and a willing, team-based attitude. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
To ensure the safety of our employees, our customers, and our products, Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a drug-free workplace. Employees are subject to pre-employment/post-offer drug and random drug testing.
Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)