RITE-HITE HOLDING CORPORATION District Service Manager in Bettendorf, Iowa
Job Category:Production and Skilled TradesSchedule:Full timeJob Description:
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
To manage the Service Department within an assigned area to ensure customer expectations are exceeded in the maintenance, repair, and service of equipment while
Note, in smaller assigned areas this position may be combined with the Installation Supervisor, and still referred to as "District Service Manager", while those responsibilities would be included with these.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Maintain a staffed, trained service team that works safely and efficiently.
- Ensure customer expectations are exceeded in the maintenance, repair, and service of equipment.
- Exceed budgeted targets for profitability.
- The position must maintain up-to-date technical knowledge on all products sold by the district as well as major industry trends and competitive products.
- This position is responsible for building a strong Service Team . This includes forecasting personnel needs to assure sufficient staff is available to meet demand while keeping overtime costs within acceptable parameters, and screening and hiring new Service Technicians.
- This position is responsible for ensuring that all Technicians are trained, including initial as well as ongoing training, and ensuring progress in completing the Technician Training Standard and movement through the ASAPP levels of development.
- This position is responsible for managing the safety of all Technicians . This includes ensuring initial and periodic safety training, ensuring that all Technicians have proper, functioning safety equipment, periodic inspections of equipment and safety audits, and enforcing safety policies and compliance with applicable occupational safety and health regulations . Should an accident occur, this position is responsible for completing the proper documentation, investigating the accident, and taking appropriate steps (including corrective action, if warranted ) to minimize future risks.
- This position is responsible for enforcing all Company policies and performance standards. This includes making all employees aware of these policies through an effective orientation, communicating changes, setting expectations for performance, and holding employees accountable through the use of corrective action as appropriate.
- This position is responsible for developing Technician Team Leaders in their roles and developing them to be ready for future opportunities within the Company.
- In addition to managing Arbon employees, the District Service Manager has secondary responsibility for supporting the installation portion of the business, including help with non-major projects (handled by Regional Project Managers or Installation Manager) and for the effective use of subcontractors and any required union labor . This includes helping to find new subcontractors or sourcing union labor, as needed, certifying, training and developing subcontractors, and managing the performance of all third party labor, and lend Service employees to Installation as directed, and working with the Installation Manager to coordinate Installation Technicians supporting the service operations, as needed.
- This position is responsible for monitoring and identifying performance problems in service personnel and for taking a proactive approach to correcting negative behaviors . At a minimum, this position is responsible for conducting 2 performance reviews with all direct reports each year . As part of the pe formance appraisal process, the incumbent will work with each employee in setting performance objectives at the beginning of each year, or when the employee joins the company .
- The incumbent is responsible for instilling a team atmosphere among the members of the service department and across functional line . The incumbent will work in concert with the District Operations Manager, District Sales Managers, Installation Managers/Regional Project Managers, Administrative Managers, and Technician Team Leaders in developing and implementing strategies that will maximize synergies between functions and promote teamwork.
is responsible for
fleet management of the service vehicles, ensuring proper maintenance is conducted and that each Technician has a safe vehicle that
This position works with the
Manager or VPGM to
proper inventory levels within on each service truck and in each storage facility; develops processes and procedures to ensure that these levels are
; and manages the Technicians, Team Leaders, and
personnel to ensure these levels are
without accumulating excess inventory.
Working as a team with Administrative and Sales personnel and with customers, this position assists in resolving outstanding collections issues and minimizing the aging of Accounts Receivable.
is responsible for
expenses, including labor, supplies, materials, and travel costs
The Service Manager reviews financial reports monthly,
areas of good and poor financial performance, trends, and ways to improve profitability
This position will work with Service Coordinators, Service Administrators, and Technician Team Leaders to ensure the efficient scheduling of all maintenance, repair, and service work in the district that results in maximizing service profits while exceeding customer expectations for
This position ensures the quality of w