Aston Carter Senior Buyer in Bettendorf, Iowa
Now Hiring an experienced Buyer for an on-site position in the Quad Cities!
• Work closely with operations, sourcing, and customer service to communicate issues to drive lead time and cost reduction improvements
• Utilize ERP software system to perform procurement and inventory management data analysis
• Assist with training and developing other team members
• Oversee strategic supplier relationships, including negotiation strategies
• Process Purchase Orders for assigned commodities, while maintaining tracking visibility and internal communication through receipt
• Maintain adequate inventory levels for assigned components to meet customer demand criteria
• Communicate potential line-down threats with operational and departmental leaders.
• May process warehouse inventory transfer requests.
• Monitor and expedite past-due orders
• Solicit price quotations from suppliers and maintain cost data in the business system software.
• Communicate with Customer Service, about any changes to pricing affecting current purchases.
• Coordinate and administer the return of parts to suppliers.
• Resolve invoice discrepancies with Accounts Payable with urgency.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field required
Minimum of 4 years of purchasing experience
· Excellent communication, negotiation, and analytical skills
· Strong problem-solving and PC software skills
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize job duties in a fast-paced work environment
· Excellent decision-making skills and independent judgment
Direct Placement from day one!
Starting salary $75,000 - $85,000
Benefits package and PTO
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- Aston Carter Jobs