AMAZON.COM SERVICES INC Amazon Fulfillment Center Warehouse Associate in Bondurant, Iowa
Amazon Fulfillment Center Warehouse Associate
Job Overview You\'ll be part of the Amazon warehouse team that gets orders ready for customers relying on Amazon services. Our fast-paced, physical roles take place in a variety of areas including merch, make-on-demand, customer returns, Prime Now, and general fulfillment. You will be selecting, packing, and shipping orders - in some cases, for our super-fast (2-hour or less) delivery service.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. 1. Receive and put away inventory 2. Get customer orders ready and pack them up 3. Load boxes into trucks for shipment 4. Use scanners to read bar codes on products 5. View prompts on screens and follow the direction for some tasks 6. Troubleshoot problems 7. Ensure product meets quality requirements 8. Operate power industrial trucks (PIT) such as a forklift or pallet driver, and work at heights up to 35 feet. Equipment training and certification are provided free of cost.
1. 1. Lift up to 49 pounds 2. Push utility carts up to 60 pounds 3. Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts 4. Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around 5. Go up and down stairs (where applicable) 6. Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable) 7. Adhere to strict safety, quality, and fulfillment production standards
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You\'ll be working around moving machines - order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary between 60F and 90F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days, temperatures can be over 90F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required and protective safety footwear are required in select business units. Depending on the role or location, Amazon provides a \$110 Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first day on the job.
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule flexibility. Depending on where you work, schedules may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working additional hours if needed. Learn more about
- Shift options. Work when it works for you. Shifts may include overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend. You can even have four-day workweeks and three-day weekends. Find out more about our .
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups). Learn more about .
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition support options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you\'ll learn: how to operate a garment press and high-capacity printer, a t-shirt folding machine, how to assist with the print production process, or how to receive and process customer returns.
- Free training. Depending on the role and location, we\'ll teach you how to drive power industrial trucks (PIT) such as forklifts or a pallet driver, how the printing process works, and how to work with the latest A azon technology - including robots.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health and well-being on and off the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- ADandD insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirements and safety guidelines.
How To Get Started You can begin by applying above. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: /. If you have a disability and need an accommodation during the application and hiring process, including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit or contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). You can reach us by phone at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday, between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.