AMAZON.COM SERVICES INC Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse Associate in Bondurant, Iowa
Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse Associate
Job Overview You\'ll be part of the dedicated Amazon team that is the first stop on the journey from the warehouse. Our fast-paced, physical roles take place in a sortation center. You will be sorting, scanning, and stacking packages on pallets, helping to get customer orders ready for delivery. Because most of the shifts are part-time, you are in control of your schedule - choose shifts that work best for you now and adjust your schedule in the future, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. 1. Receive and sort inventory 2. Get customer orders ready for delivery 3. Use technology like scanners, computers, and handheld printers
1. 1. Lift up to 49 pounds 2. Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts 3. Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around 4. Go up and down stairs (where applicable) 5. Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable)
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You\'ll be working around moving machines - order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary between 60F and 90F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days, temperatures can be over 90F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required and protective safety footwear are required in select business units. Depending on the role or location, Amazon provides a \$110 Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first day on the job.
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule flexibility. Depending on where you work, schedules may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working additional hours if needed. Learn more about .
- Shift options. Work when it works for you. Shifts may include overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend. You can even have four-day workweeks and three-day weekends. Find out more about our .
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups). Learn more about .
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition support options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you\'ll learn how to use the latest Amazon technology - including handheld devices and robotics.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health and well-being on and off the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- ADandD insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Candidates must be 8 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirement and safety guidelines
How To Get Started You can begin by applying above. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: . If you have a disability and need an accommodation during the application and hiring process, including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit or contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). You can reach us by phone at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday, between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.