UnityPoint Health Administrative Assistant I- Clinic Admin in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Administrative Assistant I
UnityPoint Clinics Administration Building
FT: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports manager(s) and/or employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the health care concepts, practices and procedures. Able to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
Perks of joining our team-
Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Life Insurance Options
Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off
Team Member Discounts
· Provides Administrative support to Executive Directors and/or Regional Directors.
· Greet providers, staff members, patients and visitors providing courteous, caring and professional assistance.
· Answer the telephone, screen and route all incoming telephone calls to the appropriate staff member or take messages according to office policy and procedure.
· Anticipate needs of supervisor by preparing or gathering records, reports, correspondence or other specific information.
· Handle confidential matters concerning providers, staff and the organization.
· Provide administrative support including typing, composing and proofreading minutes of meetings, reports, records, memoranda and other related correspondence.
· Provide administrative support assisting with preparation of reports, graphs, presentation materials and statistical information.
· Schedule and distribute information for meetings (i.e., agenda, minutes, etc.).
· Order and maintain office supplies and equipment.
· File correspondence, records and reports maintaining an efficient and effective system for location of materials.
· Process incoming and outgoing mail.
· Handle a variety of matters involving contact with various providers, staff, medical committees, government agencies, and the public.
· Perform clerical work related to job responsibilities.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Associate degree in business or health administration.
· Experience with Microsoft Office software applications.
· Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
· Typing ability of 60 wpm.
· Five years of administrative secretarial experience in health care preferred.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
· Effective communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
· Ability to quickly build strong working relationships with a variety of people
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Strong computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-97658
Street: 800 First Ave NE
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Administration- CR
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8/days 40 hours per week M-F
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org