United Technologies Corporation Associate Engineer, Software Engineering - New Grad in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID: 01348130
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
This position is for a entry-level Software Engineering professional responsible for software engineering processes and activities. Consolidates test results and conducts single disciplinary research, applying hardware and software standards.
• Conducts engineering processes and standard work, including verification and qualification procedures.
• Compiles and consolidates testing on diagnostic systems containing logical and mathematical solutions.
• Assists in conducting disciplinary research on one or more stages of the equipment design phase to develop design options and recommendations.
• Learns hardware and software standards and ensures work product adheres to these standards and business objectives of the organization are met.
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
• Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
• Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition.
• Ensures hardware and software standards are met.
• Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
• May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
• May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
• Includes control modeling (model based design).
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
This position requires US Person status (US Citizenship or Green Card holder).
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.
United Technologies Corporation
- United Technologies Corporation Jobs