CRST International CDL Instructor in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
North American Driver Training Academy (NADTA) has an immediate opening for an* Instructor*to be located in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Job Summary: Conduct entry-level class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) road and yard training. Promote students successful attainment of employment upon graduation. Instruct defensive driving techniques and educate students on the safe and professional operation of a Class A Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal and State regulations. Assess individual’s ability to demonstrate the necessary skills to including knowledge of pre-trip inspections, Smith System, road and backing skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on instruction in the safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations
- Provide safety oversight throughout all training evaluations in accordance with course curriculum and company safety policy
- Master training requirements, compliance standards, and company policies to improve the processes and better facilitate training needs as directed by the NADTA Manager
- Provide management of students in a field training environments
- Coordinate the use of equipment resources and training range with other NADTA Instructors
- Ensure all NADTA training skills and criteria are assessed and scores are properly recorded for each individual
- Observe, mentor and make recommendations respective to individual training and developmental needs
- Evaluate students individually on their operational skills and assess their progress during each training evaluation according to course curriculum
- Counsel students as needed regarding skill issues and adherence to DOT and company regulations
- Train students in areas of weakness through constructive feedback and adult learning processes
High School Diploma required. 5 years (preferred) of training or teaching experience or combination of driving and training experience. Preferred candidates will possess a valid CDL license.
CRST is an EOE
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Employment duration: Full time