TERRACON INC Construction Materials Testing/Engineering Technician in CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa
Job Description Explore with us! Terracon is looking for a Construction Materials Testing Technician to join their growing team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Construction Materials Testing Technicians perform various observations and tests on construction materials such as soils, concrete, masonry, reinforcing steel and asphalt. Technicians communicate with Project Managers, client representatives, contractor\'s representatives and other key stakeholders regarding testing and inspection results. Successful candidates will receive in-depth technical training and professional certifications as they advance in the position within 1-2 years. Safety is Terracon\'s most important core value! Terracon provides a safe work environment for our employees and safe practices for our technicians to follow. Incident and Injury-Free (IIF) is about care and concern for people. It is our personal and organizational commitment at all levels of the company to everyone going home safe to their family every day. We will hold ourselves responsible not just for our own safety and wellbeing, but for that of everyone around us. Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs testing, observation, and inspection as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures.
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
- Document and prepare sample testing and observation data using a laptop or smartphone; submit findings accurately to a Project Manager.
- May assist more senior inspectors on projects.
- Maintains equipment and calibration.
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of related internal safety certifications.
- Valid driver\'s license with acceptable violation history.
- Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Engineering Technology preferred.
- Construction experience preferred.
- Current industry certifications for materials testing a plus, not required.
About Terracon Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon\'s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace. Terracon\'s vision of \"Together, we are best at people\" is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs. EEO Statement Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.