CRST International Dedicated Driver Manager - After Hours in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
CRST Dedicated Services, Inc. is seeking a self driven individual with management level aspirations to join their operations team as a Driver Manager overseeing their own fleet of drivers. This position will be located out of our Cedar Rapids, IA headquarter facility.
Job Summary: The Driver Manager is responsible for managing and developing relationships with drivers to increase overall driver satisfaction and to improve driver retention. This position will work closely with the customer providing proactive communication regarding service. This role will also be responsible for executing the planning function and will also work closely with other departments to meet customer, driver, and company objectives and safety initiatives.
- Manage a board of 200+ trucks on 3rd shift.
- Supervise on time pick-ups, deliveries, routings, and other transit time factors.
- Work with the customer service and load planning departments to ensure the delivery of freight and driver concerns.
- Communicate directly with the customer providing delays, service failures, issues that may arise or any other details necessary regarding our service.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of DOT regulations for over the road drivers including e-logs, permits, hazmat, weight restrictions, etc.
- Ensure DOT and company specific safety regulations are being followed.
- Work with the Maintenance department to keep equipment moving and serviced at an optimal level of performance.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- 0-2 years experience in management/transportation environment preferred
- HS Diploma or GED
- AA or BA in relevant field highly desired
CRST is an EOE. Successful candidate will be subject to a pre employment background check and drug screen.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Employment duration: Full time