Filtration Group Corp Director of Engineering in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Global Filter, a division of Filtration Group was founded in 1999 in Cedar Rapids, IA manufactures a comprehensive line of filtration products for high-purity process fluids. Since our founding in 1999, we’ve grown our product offerings to meet the ever-advancing needs of the food/beverage, pharmaceutical/bio-tech, micro-electronics, and fine chemical industries, among others. With an extensive line of depth, pleated depth and membrane filter cartridges as well as a full range of housings to match, Global Filter has a solution to address any process challenge. Our team of industry experts has proven that our unwavering focus on customer support and process optimization allows us to provide the most value in the industry.
The Director of Engineering is critical to our business both in terms of long-term success and day-to-day operations. This individual is responsible for leading technical team members in the areas of manufacturing engineering which includes process development, equipment design/sourcing, process monitoring and control, quality and equipment maintenance. In addition, the Director is responsible for product engineering and development which includes partnering with the sales and applications engineering team in product design, prototyping, test/validation and transfer to production.
This person will initially have direct responsibility for leading a team of 4 and will have an immediate opportunity to continue to build the technical team to better fit the company’s growth strategy. One of the primary areas of focus is to better integrate quality into all engineering processes (inbound materials and finished goods) to ensure Global Filter remains a leader in our current markets and enable us to scale into new, more highly regulated markets (ISO or cGMP).
• Design and implement manufacturing processes and equipment that incorporate Lean and Six Sigma fundamentals. Experience with 80/20 operating system and tools a plus.
• Lead the design, build and maintenance of production and facilities related equipment, which includes the installation and operational qualifications for new equipment as needed.
• Manage the yearly budgeting process to include staffing, expense budgets and capital budgets as well as measuring and controlling variances against the set budgets.
• Collaborate with Sales to deliver customer backed product designs that meet quality and performance standards.
• Partner closely with Operations to implement and manage a continuous improvement program.
• Responsible for the accuracy of certifications and internal technical documentation.
• Prepare presentations and proposals for customers and internal stakeholders.
• Establish and maintain current technical vendor/contractor relationships.
• Identify and resolve production and process issues.
• Participate in executive team meetings and related activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (mechanical, manufacturing, industrial preferred)
• A minimum of five years applicable mechanical or manufacturing engineering experience.
• Experience and/or basic knowledge of filtration devices strongly preferred but not required.
• Minimum of 3 years of people management experience.
• Thorough understanding of industry standard assembly and testing procedures.
• Proven track record of successfully managing large, long-term capital or customer projects.
• Ability to identify, hire, develop and motivate individuals to grow team capabilities.
• Computer proficiency required. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Familiarity with SolidWorks or similar modeling software strongly preferred.
• Must be able to manipulate and analyze data files and technical drawings.
• Ability to develop and deliver technical presentations and new product introductions.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Basic knowledge of technical certifications and audit processes.
• Willingness to work hands-on with manufacturing equipment and products.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to utilize appropriate e-mail and telephone etiquette.
• Exceptional attitude!!
• Driven to succeed – creative, self-starter.
• Trusting leader with ability to help team succeed.
• Ability to think strategically and understand technical intricacies.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills
• Entrepreneurial mindset.
• Must be a strong team-player with the ability to work autonomously.
• Strong Bias for Action!!
• Customer-oriented and able to adapt to changing customer requirements.
• Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and prioritize.
• This role may require up to 10-15% travel to visit vendors, customers, collaborate with team members, and participate in trade shows.
More About Filtration Group
Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, we are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing and rapidly-evolving global filtration industry. We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which our leaders exhibit a strong bias for action. The Company began in 2009 and has rapidly grown organically and through a thoughtful acquisition strategy to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. Filtration Group has the broadest portfolio of solutions in the industry and has had a particular focus on building a leading platform of solutions focused on the Life Sciences and Indoor Air Quality end markets which are rapidly growing in the current market environment. Filtration Group produces mission critical products with high replacement rates. Over 80 percent of the Company’s revenue comes from replacement / consumable products, many of which are specified into customer’s products or processes. With revenues over $2 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world and has a global footprint of 141 facilities in 28 countries. Filtration Group has over 10,000 employees who are united in their Mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive.
Requisition ID: 2023-5870
External Company Name: Filtration Group Corp
Post End Date: 9/30/2023