ITC HOLDINGS CORP. Engineer- Substation Design (ALL LEVELS) - 500483 in CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical support to employees and contractors in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of system components.
- Prepares estimates, material requisitions, specifications and drawings for internally designed projects.
- Makes recommendations to troubleshoot technical problems on various electrical equipment and systems.
- Serves as lead engineer on design projects by checking designs submitted by contractors, issuing the project for construction when approved and participating in the creation of conceptual designs and layouts.
- Creates designs for substation installations, protective relaying systems, relay settings and SCADA systems, with review by Senior Engineers.
- Collaborates with other engineers and departments which may include consulting, managing projects, organizing resources or maintenance.
- Generates internal and external reports on various facets of transmission system.
- Attends meetings and training sessions to increase professional knowledge and skills.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Major in Electrical Engineering; or relevant, equivalent experience and/or education.
- Minimum of two (2) years related engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards National Electronic Safety Code (NESC), American Concrete Institute (ACI) and American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) for civil engineering majors.
- Possess sound analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Ability to multi-task and work under minimal supervision, in a team environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Ability to learn and utilize job specific software.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer. ITC does not sponsor employment visas, such as H-1B or TN visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity