CDM Smith Environmental Services Business Leader (west central region) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
CDM Smith currently has a strategic opportunity for a Environmental Services Business Leader to lead and build our environmental services practice in West Central Region*. In this role, you will work with a dynamic team to continue building CDM Smith’s sales of environmental services to State, City and local clients in the region. Our environmental practice encompasses many service offerings, including remedial investigations and design, remediation, natural resources including NEPA and NRDA, environmental compliance, air quality, solid waste, climate resiliency and sustainability along with our rapidly growing practice of emerging contaminants/PFAS. Our leadership in these areas is aided by our team of leading technical experts along with our environmental R&D laboratories. In this role, you will lead the development of a business strategy to increase sales of CDM Smith’s environmental services with our existing clients and developing new clients in this sector. This position leads all business development activities, oversees overall client service, represents CDM Smith as part of environmental associations or organizations.
*Our West Central Region covers the states of: TX, OK, NM, MO, KS, NE, ND, SD, MT, WY, CO, and UT.
CDM Smith has been providing environmental services to our clients for over 75 years. Our environmental services have spanned the areas of remediation, air quality, climate resilience, PFAS, and solid waste projects.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Developing new business and maintaining high-value relationships with key state, city and local environmental clients.
• Working in collaboration with our client teams that include project managers, technical specialists, client service leaders and marketing staff.
Developing strategic capture plans, client development plans, proposals, presentations, and other business development deliverables.
• Serving as a key member of our strategy team promoting growth in the region as well as supporting other western US growth initiatives.
• Serving as a technical or project lead as needed or appropriate on projects of significant size and strategic importance.
• Being active in professional societies in which clients or potential clients are members.
• Being a strong leader.
Environmental Services Business Leader (west central region)
• Bachelor's degree.
• 12 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Previous experience in public sector environmental sales.
• Experience in the full life cycle of business development from prospecting through capture and proposal development.
• Experience successfully developing targeted environmental public sector clients in the west central geography.
• Knowledge of RCRA & CERCLA environmental regulations.
• Experience converting IRA and BIL funding to sales with public sector clients.
• Proven environmental expertise with a demonstrated ability to lead and successfully serve clients.
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills.
• Strong experience meeting and working with regional environmental agencies.
• Environmental sales experience at an engineering consulting firm in the region.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
- CDM Smith Jobs