Kirkwood Community College Learning Facilitator, Macintosh (Part-time) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Learning Facilitator, Macintosh (Part-time)
Learning Facilitator, Macintosh (Part-time)
Cedar Rapids, IA
Continuing Ed Instructor
Continuing Ed/Training Svcs
To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Kirkwood Community College Continuing Education is currently seeking part-time learning facilitators for Macintosh based computer education and training offerings for our Cedar Rapids, Hiawatha, Coralville and Iowa City locations. Workshops and classes are non-credit, life-long learning classes that are available to all interested community members and professionals. Classes are typically scheduled on weekdays during the daytime and evening hours and may run for several weeks.
Under limited supervision, the Learning Facilitator is responsible for teaching in their area of expertise and ensuring all students meet the objectives of the course. Provide exemplary customer service through positive class interaction, meeting the participant needs, maintaining a clean, neat, and inviting learning experience while having a positive and upbeat attitude.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
• Consistently attend scheduled classes.
• Facilitate an outstanding participant experience by giving exemplary customer service.
• Greet and welcome participants.
• Effectively communicate with participants and Continuing Education Staff.
• Clean and straighten classroom before and after each class.
• Answer questions and provide resources as appropriate to participants.
• Deliver course content and ensure that learning outcomes are met.
• Complete all required paperwork as requested by Continuing Education Staff.
• Perform other related work duties as assigned.
• Have a true excitement for helping participants learn.
• Enjoy a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Personify a commitment to exceeding expectations.
• Passionate about life-long learning
• Possess a savvy and confident personality.
• Be able and willing to represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current participants, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with participants, staff and fellow Learning Facilitators.
• Possess strong human relations skills and be able to interact with diverse personalities.
• Communicate clearly, concisely, logically, and coherently orally and in writing.
• Deal responsibly and effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
• Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- Experience in Macintosh Basics and Advanced, Photo Editing on Macs, iMovie introduction and other Macintosh specific topics.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family or marital status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: equity@Kirkwood.edu or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: 312-730-1560, Fax: 312-730-1576, Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
Kirkwood offers a wide range of employee benefits. Read more about them here (http://www.kirkwood.edu/humanres/employees/benefits) !
Kirkwood Community College
6301 Kirkwood Blvd SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 52404