UnityPoint Health Lifeline Assistant in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Description of Position:
Provide a “snapshot” or the principal purpose or focus of the position, consisting of no more than three to five sentences. This summary should provide enough information to differentiate the major function and activities of the position from those of other positions.
Assists in the day to day operation of the Lifeline Program. The object of this program is to build consumer demand to generate unit placement at a rate of 10-15% units per year. Carries out regular and special assignments as directed.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Works with Lifeline volunteers in scheduling installs, service calls and disconnects.
· Completes follow-up calls to new Lifeline subscribers and answers questions regarding the service.
· Completes follow-up calls to individuals requesting Lifeline information for the potential to make them a new subscriber for the Lifeline service.
· Is familiar with all Lifeline equipment being able to install, service and disconnect as needed. Also helps with the cleaning of the returned equipment.
· Serves as a contact to Lifeline subscribers and their families for reporting changes in information, equipment problems or to address other concerns/problems.
· Maintains proper recordkeeping, inventory control and equipment warranty service.
· Responsible for ensuring subscriber information is reported to Lifeline Response Center.
· Maintains compliance with personnel policies and procedures and Standards of Excellence.
· Behaves in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties as requested by the Lifeline Program Coordinator/Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
· Files claim forms for MCOs on all waiver patients to obtain payments for services; follows up with all non-payments and denials.
· Maintains documentation for elderly waiver authorizations, patient data and update when appropriate.
· Stays up to date on MCO practices and attends all training meetings provided.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High-school diploma or equivalent required.
· One to two years working with older adults
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Acquired knowledge of communication systems and computer skills.
· Must be able to work well with customers, volunteers, and co-workers.
· Must be sensitive and empathetic in relating to older adults and their families.
· Must be cooperative, courteous, and dependable work performance.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-98778
Street: 717 A Ave NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: .9 FTE/1st shift
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org