WestRock Company Maintenance Mechanic in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
We are currently seeking Maintenance Mechanics at our plant located in Cedar Rapids IA. Starting Pay ranges from: $25.45 to 30.90 per hr. + Full benefits after 90 days of employment + OT Pay. In North America, we are the largest paper recycler, largest display manufacturer, largest pre-print linerboard producer, 2nd largest producer of containerboard and corrugated packaging and 2nd largest producer of clay-coated recycled paperboard. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safe, demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, a strong desire to learn manufacturing processes and operating complex machinery and have a desire to advance within the company.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Ensure production machinery is functioning correctly and efficiently
· Perform preventative maintenance on all machinery
· Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic, compressor, and vacuum systems
· Have a working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, AC/DC motors and controls
· Ability to read and understand blueprints
· Assemble, install and fabricate equipment as needed (welding will be required)
· Ability to work with steam and boiler controls and mechanical power drives
· Ability to assist support staff to ensure inventory counts are accurate
· Ability to submit timely and accurate paperwork
· Participation in Safety Reviews, Safety Training, and Safety Audits under the direction of plant management
· Willingness to participate in a maintenance training program that is provided and required
· Must provide own tools (specialty tools provided by the Company)
What you need to succeed:
· Must have 2-3 years of successful electrical troubleshooting and repair experience, and be able to operate small machinery (lathe, drill press, welding equipment)
· Must have at least one full year of mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience
· Able to commence and continue specific courses of action with urgency
· Maintain positive relationships with plant management, supervisors, office, and operational employees
· Excellent communication
· Must be able to pass Maintenance Placement Test as appropriate level
· Interpersonal, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to lift/push/pull 50-100 pounds multiple times throughout the day
· Must be willing to work all shifts as business needs fluctuate
· Willingness to fully cross-train in other technical areas of maintenance
· Proven experience demonstrating dependability and timeliness with assignments, tasks, and responsibilities
· History of excellent attendance is a must
· Excellent Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
· Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required
· An Associate's degree in electrical field is preferred, but not required
· Ability to work any shift (including 2nd or 3rd).
What we offer:
· Benefits package that includes generous 401K match, medical, dental, vision, employee stock purchase plan, wellness program, short-term disability coverage, and more!
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· Referral Program - Get rewarded for referrals: $1250 per hourly employee
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued, respected, and included. WestRock does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.