UnityPoint Health Receptionist/Experience Specialist in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Cedar Rapids, IA
Full time Benefits
At UnityPoint Health - We believe our people are amazing! Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. As a member of our team you play a vital role in this. We support the work that you will do by staying focused on what matters: YOU, our patients, visitors and family members. Are you ready to join a team that is passionate about excellence? If you answered “yes!” read on about our open Experience Specialist position.
Perks of joining our team-
Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Life Insurance Options
Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off
Team Member Discounts
This position involves greeting patients and visitors and providing courteous, caring and professional assistance to all individuals contacting the office. Answering the telephone, scheduling appointments and working with clinical staff to provide efficient patient flow. Responsible for working efficiently with the electronic health record and billing system to input information related to billing and scheduling. In addition to tasks associated with this position, our team members must demonstrate professionalism, respect, good attitudes, effective communication, timeliness and commitment.
Education: High School or Vocational School graduate
· Previous medical office experience preferred.
· Previous experience with an electronic health record or medical office software preferred.
· Previous experience coding diagnoses and procedures with ICD09-CM and CPT preferred.
· Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills.
· Ability to effectively enter information into a variety of computer programs.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Ability to interact effectively with physicians, health care team members, individuals and members of their support systems.
· Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse professional, education and lifestyle backgrounds.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decision
· Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
Other: Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-99527
Street: 4325 Williams Blvd SW
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Fam Med - Westdale - CR
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: M-F 8am-5pm (may need to stay until 5:15 or 5:30 a few evenings throughout the year)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org