Shive-Hattery Group Inc. Roof Consultant in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The Roof Consultant Professional will perform the following duties:
- Lead team in the preparation of roofing project plans/specifications as required.
- Provide working knowledge of roof design codes and industry standards
- Work within inter-discipline design professionals as needed to support projects
- Provide roof observation services during construction phase of projects as requested by clients
- Ability to work outdoors at heights performing: observation visits, existing condition surveys, and destructive and non-destructive testing in accordance with industry standards
- Coordinate roof consulting services with design professionals, manufacturers, and contractors.
- Prepare appropriate reports
- Document field conditions with digital photography.
- Lead or participate in project documentation
- Provide, assist, or manage client roof management programs
- Manage client contractor contracts
Must hold Registered Roof Observer (RRO) or Registered Roof Consultant (RRC) registration from RCI, Inc., or AS or BS in Construction Technology, Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the roofing industry directly related to the installation of new roofs, tear-offs, repairs, and installation of a new roof on an existing building.
- Experience with Low Slope Roofs including: built-up roofs (BUR) membranes, metal panel roof systems, polymer-modified bitumen sheet membranes, single-ply membranes, and spray polyurethane foam-based roof systems.
- Experience with Steep Slope Roofs including: asphalt shingles, clay tile and concrete tile, metal roof systems, slate, wood shakes and wood shingles, and synthetic roofs.
- Experience in exterior building renovations and construction administration for building enclosure systems including roofing, windows, waterproofing, and facade systems
- Experience with building enclosure moisture intrusion causes and repair solutions
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communicator both orally and in writing.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Title: Roof Consultant
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Job Posting #: 1281