Belcan Senior Software Engineering in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Senior Software Engineering
Job Number: 287547
Description: A Senior Software Engineering job in Cedar Rapids, IA is available through Belcan.
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineering on our common core team.
You will be a part of an integrated, cross-functional team responsible for designing, developing, and testing low-level software for avionics and related products for our Next Generation Avionics platforms. You will help create solutions to keep all our all forces, domestic and international allies, safe at home and abroad on platforms including attack/assault aircraft, fixed wing avionics, helicopters, tilt-rotors, UAS and more.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Knowledge in the areas of baseline control, earned value, risk management and product support
• Ability to mentor other software engineers and beginning project engineers
• Familiarity with open standards relating to operating systems and networking (e.g. ARINC 653, POSIX, TCP/IP…)
• Experience working with and/or leading engineering subcontractors
• Experience being a project lead engineer on projects with at least 3 engineers
• Experience developing software within kernal-space of an RTOS-based system
• Experience developing and certifying software to DO-178 B/C guidelines
• Experience developing or interfacing with IP or Ethernet-based applications or performing network administration activities
• Experience integrating open source software components into embedded systems
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
• US Citizenship
• Experience in real-time embedded software and hardware interfacing
Location: Cedar Rapids , IA
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart