Belcan Sr. Systems Engineer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Sr. Systems Engineer
Job Number: 342840
Category: -Software & Systems SBU
Description: A Senior Systems Engineer job in Cedar Rapids, IA is currently available at Belcan. We are seeking Senior Systems Engineering professional to join our exciting team with focus on Avionics Systems and Defense Products. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor of Science degree in the engineering field, and a minimum of 8 years of experience within the aerospace industry, specifically with avionics experience or other highly regulated industry experience. Domain experience in Space, Guidance or GPS, Navigation, Controls and Displays, Security/Cyber, Safety, or Communications is preferred.
· Candidates will be involved in leading and providing oversight for various systems engineering tasks including:
· System requirements decomposition, analysis, definition, and traceability
· System requirements verification (acceptance test plans, test reports, analysis reports, inspection reports) and validation for Avionic Certification
· System design and implementation, performance, risk, safety, operation, test, and design reviews
· Development of engineering processes & policies
· Candidates are expected to mentor younger engineers, help grow teams, recognize new business potential with customers and call attention to it, assist in aligning manpower resources to accomplish key objectives, and report status to technical leads and project managers
· Bachelor of Science degree in aerospace engineering, software engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related engineering degree from an accredited institution.
· 8+ years systems development/integration experience - preferably with aerospace software/systems, power systems, or complicated technical systems
· Experience working in an Agile development environment
· Requirements management experience (I.E DOORS, JAMA)
· Ability to deal with ambiguity, to be adaptable, to work across multi-discipline teams, and to drive results
· Due to the nature of the work performed, U.S. Citizenship is a requirement
· Regulatory experience preferred: ARP-4754, DO-178B/C, Mil Standards
We provide a competitive pay and benefits package. This position is offering a salary range of $105,000 to $115,000. Belcan considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to education, experience, geographic location, and discipline. Benefits offered may include health care, dental, vision, life insurance; 401(k); education assistance; paid time off including PTO, holidays, and any other paid leave required by law.
As an employee with Belcan, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package. Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!
Location: Cedar Rapids , IA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 8-10
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend (emailjobs.asp?jo_num=342840)
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog in (memberlogin.asp) to apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart