FOTH AND VAN DYKE, LLC Traffic Engineer in CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their .
Our Infrastructure Solutions business focuses on working with public agencies to solve challenges with our built infrastructure, improving the quality of life for all by helping people safely and efficiently travel, delivering clean water, and protecting public health. We partner alongside clients in all project phases, from planning through construction, on building roads, airports and water systems. Our focus is on the people we serve, and their success is our inspiration.
Foth Infrastructure and Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Traffic Engineer who has a desire to contribute to our clients\' success and is looking for new learning experiences and opportunities for career growth. This position will be working out of our Des Moines, IA or Cedar Rapids, IA location.
Reducing overcrowding, ensuring safety, and expanding and rebuilding aging infrastructure - these are all challenges faced by nearly every transportation sector today. At Foth, our engineering team helps clients meet these challenges, while minimizing impacts to the community and the environment. Foth\'s network of technical experts offers a broad range of services to address transportation design and construction. From roads and bridges to airports and non-motorized facilities, our solutions are effective, cost-conscious, and practical.
\ Primary Responsibilities
- Provide engineering support for traffic/transportation projects, traffic modeling, traffic signal design, sign design, pavement marking design and roadway lighting design for state and municipal projects
- Assist in the planning, analyses, design, and construction administration of traffic, signal and engineering projects
- Complete traffic impact studies, feasibility studies, and technical design studies for traffic and transportation projects,
- Attend client project meetings, participate in presentations, and support project tasks
- Perform safety and crash analysis
- Bachelor\'s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Engineer Intern Certificate issued by the State of Iowa, or the ability to obtain within 6 months of start date
- Master\'s Degree in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in transportation/traffic
- Previous experience with the following: Traffic impact studies, IJR/IOR, speed studies, and regional land use studies
- Previous Internship in the engineering consulting industry
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, employs more than 650 members and operates in 28 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and engineering teams at Foth are organized into business units - Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions - each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, understan ing their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients\' toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth\'s commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is professional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients\' achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!