CommonSpirit Health Department Support Assistant in CENTERVILLE, Iowa
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
Uses office/clerical equipment and has a working knowledge of all computer systems.
Greets patients and families in a professional and caring manner.
Gathers information such as lab results and insurance preauthorization.
Answers phone, schedules/performs order entry for procedures, keeping current on insurance and billing requirements.
Gives patients proper examination “prep forms”, drinks, instructions, etc.
Supervises patient waiting area and communicates with technologists and patients regarding wait times/delays.
Maintain record keeping and filing system of reports, films and requisitions according to departmental policies. Classifies, sorts and files correspondence, records and other documents accordingly. Purges files in accordance with policy.
Variety of daily, weekly, and monthly clerical duties as assigned.
Mails/faxes CDs and reports when required.
Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
High School Diploma or GED.
Required Licensure and Certifications
· Does Not Apply
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administration.
· Interacts professionally with patient/family.
· Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
· Promotes effective intradepartmental and interdepartmental relationships.
· Interprets and follows Radiology Services and hospital policies and procedures.
· Cooperates in planning programs and safety and preparedness for fire and disaster.
· Attends meetings and participates on hospital committees as appropriate.
· Maintains supplies and equipment.
· Promotes hospital/community relationships.
· Transports equipment and patients.
· Assists with training of new employees and students as assigned.
· Completes assigned LEARN module and compliance courses as required.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities (https://careers-commonspirit.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-435626305) to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2021-173910
Employment Type Part Time
Department Diagnostic Imaging Center
Hours / Pay Period 40
Standard Hours Thursday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Facility / Process Level : Name MercyOne Centerville
Equal Opportunity CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs