Great Western Bank Training Consultant I in Clive, Iowa
General Description and Essential Functions
*This position can be filled anywhere Great Western Bank has a footprint*
Using adult learning principles and instructional design techniques, the Training Consultant is responsible to design, develop and implement training curriculum for multiple delivery channels; including both computer-based and instructor-led delivery channels. Positively represents the Learning & Development Department in all course development. Builds relationships with GWB business lines to better perform training needs analysis and prepare high quality, effective content.
• Leads in designing and delivering training to support the growth goals of Great Western Bank using instructional design techniques.
• Uses adult learning principles to design, develop, and implement broad based training programs to include in-person, e-learning, and on-demand video courses.
• Works closely with the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the various business units to ensure that all content not only meets good adult learning requirements, but is also responsive to all regulatory and legal requirements.
• Coordinates and delivers classroom training and facilitates group workshops.
• Writes training material including participant & instructor guides, job aids, storyboards and accompanying documentation.
• Performs research and analysis of current learning and training techniques and platforms to develop strategies.
• Responds to and resolve customer service requests according to Great Western policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times.
• Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education and Learning, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Communications, Business Management or Business Administration is required.
• 3 years of training experience required; previous banking experience a plus.
• Knowledge of instructional design, adult learning theories, and evaluation methodologies.
• Proficiency in MS Office required; experience with the following software a plus: o eLearning authoring (Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate) o Video editing (Camtasia Studios, Windows Movie Maker)
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to express thoughts clearly, concisely and accurately.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs