American Games Director, Engineering in Council Bluffs, Iowa
DEPARTMENT: Operations, Manufacturing
LOCATION: Council Bluffs / Omaha
DIRECTOR, ENGINEERING - JOB POSTING
What You'll Do
The overall scope of this role will include overseeing engineering, maintenance, facilities, and a contributing role to the Environment, Health and Safety functions. This position will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities concerned with the design, selection, installation, modification, and maintenance of equipment, machinery, building and grounds in compliance with state and federal safety and environmental laws and regulations. Supports the achievement of company goals for customer, owner, and employee satisfaction. Oversees a maintenance department. This newly created role will report directly to the Vice President of Operations.
The successful candidate will be part of the key leadership team and will help drive the achievement of company strategic goals. To be successful in this role, the candidate must have a strong practical knowledge of PLC technology as well as a high functioning knowledge of complex manufacturing processes. The successful candidate must be able to function well in a fast-paced environment, possess the ability to work through complex problems with efficiency, and work within a highly functioning team environment.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years' experience in the commercial printing industry, and 5 years of supervisory or management experience. Familiarity with the major equipment suppliers to the commercial print and finishing industry is desired.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities Include
This position will oversee the Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities departments, which include responsibilities in the following areas:
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Procedural / Management System Responsibilities
- Project Focus Responsibilities
- OSHA / Safety / Environmental Responsibilities
- Facility Responsibilities
- Maintenance Responsibilities
- PLC / Control Systems Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required with Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated application of Lean and continuous improvement processes desired and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and clear mind while handling multiple job-related priorities and responding to varying levels of employee-related issues.
- Ability to independently follow up on projects and judge when to involve key stakeholders to expedite or troubleshoot problems or projects.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design Systems to produce accurate drawings to document repairs and modifications.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Must possess great oral and written communication skills and have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to interface and communicate professionally with all levels of management, to include executive level.
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment.
- Must be a US Citizen/Green Card Only. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas for external candidates. Exceptions may apply to current employees.
Competitive Salary | Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Benefits | Employee Assistance Program | Tuition Reimbursement | Generous Paid Time Off | 401k with Company Match | Profit Sharing | Unlimited Referral Bonus Earning Potential | And More!
Pollard Games, Inc. dba American Games and International Gamco provides eq al employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Our Company is committed to fostering a respectful and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and accepted. We aim to create a culture that respects and values each employee's differences. We believe that a respectful workplace is also one where a diverse group of employees can be successful, develop and build meaningful careers. We believe that embracing diversity of thought, perspectives and experiences fosters innovation and allows us to deliver better insights and solutions for our partners, and is key to our continued growth and success.
We thank all that apply; however only the most qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Background Screening (Criminal History Search and Drug Test).