Catholic Health Initiatives Receptionist - Part Time, Council Bluffs in COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa
Receptionist - Part Time, Council Bluffs
Location: COUNCIL BLUFFS, IOWA, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 1900000648
Post Date: May 31, 2019
Location: West Broadway Clinic
Schedule: 2 12 hour shifts, weekends
Job Summary / Job Purpose
Under direct supervision, Receptionist is responsible for performing a variety of general administrative support duties associated with the patient intake process and performs routine duties within the clinic.
• Perform patient check-in at the time of visit and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
• Answer phone calls and direct them appropriately.
• Schedule appointments according to office guideline.
• Obtain accurate patient and insurance information, collecting copays (TOS) and deductible amounts.
• Copy/scan patient access related hardcopy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical record.
• Prepare charts for patient appointments making sure all necessary information is complete.
• Conduct all functions associated with patient check-out including pricing services, collecting patient responsibility payments and scheduling follow-up appointments.
• Perform duties involving record filing and retrieval and assisting with the filing of registration documentation in electronic medical records.
• Confirm next day appointments and alerts patients as to what documentation is needed, including details associated with time-of-service payment.
• Follow up with patients regarding the Missed Appointment Policy and send out the appropriate communications.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience (required and preferred):
• 0 – 1 year healthcare experience preferred.
Requisition ID: 1900000648
Shift: Day Job
Market: CHI Health
Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
Catholic Health Initiatives
- Catholic Health Initiatives Jobs