Wellman (WDC Acquisition LLC) Foundry Supervisor in CRESTON, Iowa
Foundry Supervisor inCreston, IA (SW Iowa-Des Moines)
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent plus minimum 2-year college degree in industry related courses including supervisory or management courses preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing supervisory experience, foundry specific is a plus. Minimum of 5 years of management or supervisory experience within a different industry will be considered in combination of skills related to the position and education candidate has in addition to experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Supervises and leads a team of people to meet production needs of various areas of the foundry. Supervisor can be responsible to different work centers under the same department based on the work center, production needs, and number of people within the work center. Foundry work centers include Foundry Support, Core, Molding, Knockout, and Melt. Supervisors are responsible to ensure staffing meets production needs. Will be responsible to keep attendance records and issue paid time off in accordance with the company policy and collective bargaining agreements. Will be responsible to ensure that all employees are trained adequately, and training materials are turned in timely and accurately. Ensure all employees receive timely performance reviews and records are turned in timely and accurately. Ensure the production teams understand production goals and are assisting in the reduction of scrap by communicating effectively with all levels of management and engineering. Responsible to know the company policies and collective bargaining agreements and be able to administer conflict resolution in accordance with both, while following the disciplinary policy. Must maintain positive employee relations, communicate effectively, and ensure all safety policies are being followed. Must be familiar with all areas of production to ensure the flow and quality of all products comply with company and customer regulations.
- Monitor quality levels of materials, manpower, machinery and methods to ensure the unit meets both internal and external customer expectations.
- Identify and Implement corrective action and/or modifications to materials, methods, manpower and machinery to ensure the unit meets both internal and external customer expectations.
- Organize and schedule materials, manpower and machinery to ensure products are manufactured on spec, on cost and on time in accordance with master schedule.
- Promote all company safety programs, policies and procedures including unit unsafe and hazardous conditions and safety rules.
- Develop and maintain an aggressive housekeeping system and procedures within the unit to promote maximum efficiency, productivity and safe work environment.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures in accordance with the current labor agreement including plant rules, quality, safety, workmanship, attendance.
- Promote and maintain positive employee relations through effective communications, interactions, leadership, teamwork, coaching, guidance and regular and constructive performance feedback.
- Train and introduce unit employees on product changes and standards, annual safety programs, work methods and departmental expectations.
- Accurately complete all administrative documents associated with unit vacation scheduling, attendance verification, payroll and disciplinary actions or discussions in a timely manner and in accordance with the current labor agreement and company policies and procedures.
``` - Research, develop and introduce new and innovative approaches to work more efficiently to ensure increase in productivity levels through Gain sharing program. - Supervise unit employees with fair and consistent treatment and within the guidelines of the labo agreement and the Companys Statement of Business Purpose or Mission. - Designated as key personnel for NADCAP requirements.
These job duties are not all inclusive. The Company, from time to time, may require the incumbent to perform additional duties as assigned.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon anindividual's merit and qualifications directly related to the position. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law. Wemake all reasonable accommodations to meet the obligations set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.