Wellman (WDC Acquisition LLC) Welding Engineer in CRESTON, Iowa
Welding Engineer inCreston, IA (SW Iowa-Des Moines)
EDUCATION: Engineering degree or Welding degree, or 10 years TIG Welding in manufacturing environment.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years minimum experience in industrial welding processes; knowledge of metallurgy, NADCAP and Aerospace Inspection and Weld Repair Techniques preferred. TIG welding with Aluminum and Magnesium alloys preferred.
Provides technical support of all welding activities of personnel involved in the welding process. Will maintain and establish process procedures, train and cross-train personnel, specify equipment, assist with calibration as needed, ensure quality assurance standards are maintained or exceeded and control the welding function to ensure optimum quality, cost control, and continuous process flow.
- Responsible for compliance to all welding instructions per Wellmans Quality Management System.
- Assist the department Supervisor with monitoring quality levels of materials, manpower, machinery and methods to ensure the unit meets both internal and external customer expectations.
- May assist the department Supervisor with identifying and implementing corrective action and/or modifications to materials, methods, manpower and machinery to ensure the equipment meets both internal and external customer expectations.
Promote all company safety programs, policies and procedures including unit unsafe and hazardous conditions and safety rules.
- Support the company housekeeping system and procedures within the unit to promote maximum efficiency, productivity, and safe work environment.
- Learn and understand all company policies and procedures in accordance with the current labor agreement including plant rules, quality, safety, workmanship, attendance.
- Promote and maintain positive employee relations through effective communications, interactions, leadership, teamwork, coaching, guidance, and regular and constructive performance feedback.
- May assist, as applicable, with training unit employees on product changes and standards, annual safety programs, work methods and departmental expectations.
- On an as need basis, accurately complete all administrative documents associated with unit vacation scheduling, attendance verification, payroll and disciplinary actions or discussions in a timely manner and in accordance with the current labor agreement and company policies and procedures.
- Research, develop and introduce new and innovative approaches to weld more efficiently to ensure increase in productivity levels.
- Treat employees with fair and consistent treatment and within the guidelines of the labor agreement and the Companys Quality Policy.
- Ensure the weld repair of magnesium and aluminum base alloy casting defects, by following the customer repair procedures, specifications and by established Wellman using Work Instructions.
- Ensure quality welds and conformance to internal operating procedures and customer specifications.
- Ensure all welders are tested and certified prior to any weld repair.
- Maintaining technical welding information which is customer specific.
- Review of all customer specifications.
- Approve / Reject all new revised customer / regulatory specifications and the full implementation of requirements.
- Host all Welding special process audits by the Customer / NADCAP / AS9100.
- Ensure Department Work instructions remain current.
- Create and maintain Part Specific Work instructions including training and document control.
- Ensures all calibrations in the weld department are current and the daily logs are being completed.
- Responsible for driving first time weld yield.
Ensure all gas (helium / argon) are available and review certificate of conformance.
These job duties are not all inclusive. The Company, from time to time, may require the incumbent to perform additional duties as assigned
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon anindividual's merit and qualifications directly related to the position. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law. Wemake all reasonable accommodations to meet the obligations set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.