CTG Director of Sales in Davenport, Iowa
Director of Sales
Oct 24, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
We're hiring! If you are a seasoned Director of Sales for the Western Region this is an exciting job opportunity to work for a client, leading smart grid platforms, providing end-to-end communication network and management capabilities, with applications to enable smart metering, energy efficiency, distribution automation, and renewable resources.
The VP of Sales is an executive level position responsible for leading all company sales efforts and activities throughout the North American region in an emerging smart energy market.
This position will have responsibility for expanding the entire smart grid portfolio of proven products into new markets. This position is responsible for achieving annual business performance targets including bookings, revenue and profit goals as determined collaboratively with the C level management and will serve as one of the senior executives for the company. We are looking for a seasoned professional who is committed to winning and leveraging their executive contacts.
This individual can work remote and will travel over 50%
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Full responsibility of sales operating plan for region, working both directly with customers as well as utilizing partners
• Utilize industry experience and knowledge of the market to prioritize opportunities and develop strong vertical relationships within target utilities and strategic partners
• Understand competitive environment and competitor offerings in order to develop sales strategy
• Assist in the identification and development of strategic relationships with regulators, market-related associations, organizations, trade groups and other industry influencers to improve position in market
• Assist in developing and refining go to market plan for business
• Represent as the most senior sales executive at national conferences, client meetings and other public forums
• 10+ years of successful performance in handling complex, multi-faceted, long sales cycle, direct large account customers – e.g. government, system integration engagements, Telecommunications, Utilities
• Understanding of the Utilities and Energy regulatory process
• Ideal candidates brings a range of customer and partner relationships within the Utilities industry
• Well-organized, creative, strategic thinker equally capable of tactical execution and driving results
• Extensive experience selling to and presenting to C-level executives
• Customer-centric mindset, able to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions
• Experience successfully introducing a new company/product/service into new and relevant markets
• Ability to articulate vision and value to utilities, customers, channel partners, and end users; to differentiate the company from competitors
• Exceptional relationship-orientation, with a robust track record of closing deals
• Conceptual knowledge of:
o Metering, AMI, Demand Response and Distribution Automation
o LAN/WAN networked systems – RF mesh, PLC, cellular
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or other post graduated qualifications preferred.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed; ability to work in a start-up environment where teamwork and strong interpersonal skills are critical
• Should possess experience working in a fast-paced, results oriented culture
• Relationship development skills to forge positive and lasting relationships with key value chain partners, including external utility clients and distribution channels
• Positive attitude, persistent, and track record of personal accountability. Committed to winning
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to travel
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Production Control
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- CTG Jobs