Cobham Mission Procurement Manager in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Procurement Manager – Tactical to lead the Integrated Product Team’s tactical purchasing activities and associated buyers and ensure purchase orders are placed within requirements, and deliveries meet the demand plan, quality, and cost targets. This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Managing the analysis, development and placing of Purchase Orders, including spares/repairs/aftermarket ordering; leading daily/weekly meetings with buyers and schedulers to manage supply issues and control inventory positions.
- Daily review of buyers workbench to analyze and react to move in, move out, place, and cancel messages.
- Foster a culture of compliance by operating within guidelines and procedures, leading by example, and focusing on risk assessment and elimination.
- Ensure proper staffing, development and training of buyers.
- Develop goals, objectives and specific strategies to accomplish those goals.
- Create priorities once objectives are determined.
- Deploy action plans throughout the organization.
- Establish standard work and attainment of KPIs (leading and lagging).
- Continuous improvement of purchasing processes.
- Establish and maintain certified/approved purchasing system.
- Ensure all cost, pricing, contract flow downs, and responsible purchasing activities are conducted in a compliant manner.
- Provide strategic leadership to continually improve PPV, drive reductions in material cost as a percent of revenue and improve inventory turns by reducing days on hand inventory.
- Efficiently manage the analysis and cut in of engineering changes, new product introductions, and end of life products.
- Actively lead closed loop customer notification system to suppliers and supplier notification to Cobham.
- Establish processes and reviews for buyers for supplier relationship management including monitoring & communicating supplier performance.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field required.
- 5–10 years’ experience working as a buyer within a manufacturing company (ideally an aerospace or other technology company) required.
- 2-5 years’ of managerial experience working in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience of negotiating long term complex supplier agreements.
- APICS and/or ISM affiliation desired; certification preferred (CPIM, CPSM);Certification in Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) and Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Project Management
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 04-Dec-2018, 2:23:39 PM
Recruiter: Natalie Dolan
Req ID: 274695