Cobham Mission Product Manager, Releases and Restraints in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Business Development and Product Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible to lead campaigns and captures of their assigned product line. In addition, the individual will develop and execute well-articulated product strategies and value propositions that are aligned to market and customer needs, and are available to all stakeholders. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Act as the Capture or Campaign manager for discrete opportunities within the assigned product line.
- Manage business capture activities through all phases of the capture process including opportunity identification and qualification, bid and proposal strategy, decision point reviews, negotiation, and closing of new business opportunities.
- Deliver the business plan for product line capture efforts
- Develop and manage a pipeline of opportunities to support the business plan/forecast
- Ensure that well-articulated product strategies and value propositions are aligned to market and customer needs, and are available to all stakeholders.
- Lead the product strategies that leverage technologies and know-how to create highly differentiated products and/or services that meet both current and adjacent market needs.
- Drive multiple products/service groups of portfolios through all Lifecycle phases including: alignment with market needs; development of business cases for new products/services; phase-appropriate pricing; marketing strategies; support of product in the field.
- Lead the internal business strategy development including market analysis, sales forecasts, product and technology roadmaps, and other marketing tasks.
- Support product line capture efforts that are being managed by other Business Development Managers and/or B&P Analysts
- Develop product and technology requirements for current and future product developments through close coordination with: Business Development & Sales, key customers (in coordination with Key Account Managers, and Engineering).
- Drive the relevant roadmaps and liaise with Engineering to agree the investment plan and allocation of resources.
- Understand market dynamics and competitive environment to ensure product / service delivery strategies are positioned to maximize sales, profit and cash.
- Utilize all necessary strategies (e.g. licenses, strategic partnerships, acquisitions) to ensure growth in both core and adjacent market space.
5+ years of experience in the field of Product Development, Program Management, or Business Development.
7+ years of progressive professional experience in aerospace or defense.
Domestic and international travel required 25% of the time.
Able to work in an office and indoor or outdoor industrial environment.
This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Bachelor degree preferred discipline in Engineering, Science, Marketing or BusinessMBA.
Demonstrated leadership of a 5-year strategic plan.
Demonstrated experience in qualifying and capturing new business
Proven ability to network and build and maintain relevant internal and external relationships.
Excellent communication skills including ability to present to internal and external senior leadership.
Demonstrated ability to manage complex products and/or services through the lifecycle.
Operated and achieved business targets in an environment aligned to relevant products and markets.
Demonstrated ability to create executable value propositions.
Strong background in product line management and business development.
Experience with crew safety and survival systems for air, land, sea and space based solutions.
Experience with crew safety product development and integration, including water sensing solutions, parachute systems, and / or Cartridge and Propellant Actuated Devices.
Current US DoD security clearance or the ability to acquire a security clearance.
Experience with Salesforce CRM tool.
Able to lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at*_www.cobham.com/careers__ or follow us on our LinkedIn page at__www.linkedin.com/company/cobham_*
To be considered you must apply by going to*_www.cobham.com/careers_*
Job Category: Sales & BD
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: CMS - Davenport
Job Posting: 04-Jan-2021, 1:28:23 PM
Recruiter: Mark Whalen
Req ID: 318765