UnityPoint Health RYC Support Services Technician in Davenport, Iowa
Description of Position:
This position is responsible for providing a variety of office support services.
The work involves responsibility for clerical and office functions requiring detailed knowledge of procedures; as well as performing routine and varied clerical functions including reception, scheduling, and insurance verification. The work includes word processing, answering telephones, data entry, and interacting with clients and the general public. The position requires a “customer friendly” service orientation in a behavioral health setting utilizing the Robert Young Center’s Trauma Informed Care Guiding Principles.
% of Time
· Answer the telephone promptly and direct calls to the appropriate staff.
· Greet clients and the public; ascertain the purpose of their visit and direct them to the appropriate staff or location.
· Assist clinical staff with clerical requests.
· Order and replenish office or clinical supplies.
· Accurately and thoroughly collects and records client demographics into electronic medical record.
· Enter insurance and financial data into electronic medical record and pull down to all open programs.
· Scan insurance cards.
· Explains registration paperwork to client and obtains required signatures on documents.
· Collects copays and other self-pay balances and writes receipts.
· Obtains any releases of information applicable.
Schedule Diagnostic Assessments or Psych Evaluations for new clients.
Schedule follow-up appointments for active clients.
Prepare appointment schedules and paperwork for providers.
Review upcoming appointments for accurate alerts, funding, and missing documentation
Verify demographic information at each visit and update as necessary.
Reschedule or cancel appointments as requested and update master schedules.
Maintain accurate records of all appointments kept, missed, or cancelled in the scheduling module.
· Verify Medicaid eligibility for active clients
· Notify Patient Accounts of any insurance changes
· Enter charge/contact notes for clinical staff to correct funding source
· Update group rosters and enters group census
· Reconcile charge entry for accuracy
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Preferred or Specialized
High School graduation (or GED) including courses in office procedures.
Experience in admitting, registration, and/or insurance verification or other office setting in a hospital, preferred.
Skills in the operations of computers and other office equipment including Microsoft Office
Communication skills both written and verbal
Customer Service Focused
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-97042
Street: 1519 E Locust st
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Revenue Cycle
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 12:30pm-9:00pm (M-TH) 8:00am-4:30pm (F)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org