CDM Smith Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (Remote Option) in Davenport, Iowa
CDM Smith is seeking a Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner to join our North America Unit (NAU) Team. This role reports directly to the Unit Manager with secondary reporting to the Chief HR Officer. The Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner provides active leadership to the business unit and maintains strategic alignment between the business unit and corporate. Partners and acts as an advisor to business leaders to provide HR solutions and programs to meet business objectives. Collaborates with senior business leaders to drive talent initiatives to support business strategy. Engages other HR functions to design solutions for their respective business areas. Ensures and maintains alignment between the business unit and HR to minimize risk and compliance to corporate policies and procedures.
Responsibilities in this role include:
• Providing active consulting and solutions to senior business leaders on HR strategies, policies, and programs. Partnering with other HR individuals/groups in addressing Human Resource issues. Administering human resources programs, policies and procedures including but not limited to: employment, compensation, benefits, affirmative action, employee relations, engagement, workforce planning, succession planning, employee development, performance management, organizational development, HRIS, and recruitment support and relocation.
• Advising and developing business leaders’ people management and leadership skills. Educating and coaching managers on the performance management process; communicating base and incentive guidelines and providing managers guidance. Providing guidance to managers on providing effective feedback on employee performance. Facilitating discussions regarding feedback.
• Developing deep understanding of the businesses to bring relevant and business impactful HR programs and solutions that drive business results. Partnering with other HR functions to ensure alignment and a successful outcome. Shaping the nature of HR programs, processes and services delivery based on the business environment / strategy and talent implications by working with other HR functions.
• Counselling business leaders and staff on employee relations issues. Investigating, addressing and resolving conflicts and providing feedback on grievances, discipline and discrimination issues. Managing the termination process, analyzing separation data for trends and addressing identified issues.
• Managing the day-to-day activity of staff. Creating and providing feedback on performance appraisals. Managing the development and training of staff. Approving paid time off requests (PTO) and ensuring company policies are followed.
• Leading or participating in other human resources projects or program development activities.
• Performs other duties as required.
Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (Remote Option)
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor's degree.
• 10 years of related experience with at least 3 of those years in a supervisory or management capacity.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent working knowledge of HR policies, laws and regulations.
• Ability to understand and provide guidance regarding the organization's compliance efforts with respect to HR's practices, policies, and regulatory requirements.
• Excellent consulting skills and ability to influence decisions to a positive business outcome.
• Possesses good organization development and design and change management skills.
• Ability to effectively partner with the business to identify, assess, select, reward and develop talent to meet current and future demands.
• Ability to execute good judgment and decision making.
• Demonstrated leadership capability.
• Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
• Ability to effectively manage projects and work within ambiguity.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Employment Mandate:
CDM Smith has taken proactive steps throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the health and safety of our employees, clients, subcontractors, and visitors. As part of our continuing efforts to combat the pandemic and to comply with the U.S. President’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 3, 2021, as a condition of employment, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such COVID-19 vaccination or alternatively have applied for and received approval for a religious or medical exemption.
- CDM Smith Jobs