CDM Smith Senior Marketing and Proposal Specialist in Davenport, Iowa
CDM Smith is seeking a creative writing professional to join our North Group marketing team. If you are a creative thinker and enjoy collaborating with teams to lead the development of compelling written storylines for proposals and presentations, we are interested in talking to you. Candidates must be able tell our story and bring ideas to life that engage our clients and convey the key features of our approach and technical solutions. High importance is placed on a positive attitude, being flexible with change, and working well with others in a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will have a portfolio of work that showcases engaging and innovative written content that is compliant with client RFPs while connecting with the audience. For more information about what CDM Smith offers its employees please visit our careers page: https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Careers.
Ideally we would like to fill this position tied to our MA, RI, CT, NY or NJ offices but are open to considering candidates located in the additional states of NH, PA, OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, MN.
As a member of the CDM Smith team, you would contribute to our mission by:
• Planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing strategies for marketing and business development efforts throughout the firm's North Group Region.
• Developing, writing, editing, and proofreading content for proposals, presentations, resumes, project descriptions, and related marketing materials of a complex nature for our municipal infrastructure clients.
• Applying creativity/strategic insight while leading brainstorming, storyboarding, and other strategy development sessions.
• Utilizing a theme-based approach for the development of proposal and presentation efforts.
• Updating information in the CDM Smith firmwide database of resumes, project descriptions, proposals and qualification packages.
• Ensuring that marketing and visual presentation information and files are maintained and up to date.
• Being actively involved in the CDM Smith marketing discipline group by participating on task forces and committees, as available.
• Developing business development, marketing, facilitation, and writing skills through internal and external training sources and associations membership and committee involvement.
Senior Marketing and Proposal Specialist
• Bachelor's degree.
• 6 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• B.A. or B.S. in Communications, English, Business, Journalism or related degree.
• Previous experience working for an architectural, engineering, or construction firm.
• Proficient in MS Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, and SharePoint applications; advanced skills in Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint, including use of styles and templates.
• Ability to effectively coordinate projects by communicating with remote team members.
• Experience in editing/proofreading narrative written by technical professionals.
• Practical experience in facilitating large and small groups in strategy and proposal development.
• The ability to work under rigid time constraints where a narrow margin for errors or delays is allowed.
• The ability to organize and negotiate on project schedules and manage multiple deadlines and assignments.
• Experience with business development/marketing process models (such as Dag Knudsen, Miller-Heiman, Shipley).
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent command of grammar and attention to detail.
• Proficient in MS Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, and SharePoint applications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of business development models.
• Ability to organize, negotiate, and drive proposal schedules.
• Ability to facilitate formal meetings.
• Experience writing and editing complex technical information for a variety of audiences.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
- CDM Smith Jobs