Cobham Mission Senior Software Engineer in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Senior Software Design Engineer to develop embedded software for aerospace applications. As a key part of a growing organization in both commercial and defense aerospace markets, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to support design and manufacture of Cobham's industry-leading, mission-critical products and test equipment.This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Design, implement, integrate, and test embedded software in accordance with DO-178C or equivalent development processes
- Provide technical leadership for software/hardware architecture and trade study development of high reliability aerospace applications
- Lead or participate as a member of an integrated product development team to optimize designs and verify embedded system performance
- Analyze customer and regulatory requirements to create high level and low level requirements
- Coordinate between multi-disciplinary design engineering teams, internal and external customers
- Develop and maintain laboratory support tools and test equipment for aerospace applications
- Perform system and subsystem level integration testing and provide flight test support
- Develop software certification documentation
- Conduct root-cause-analysis and technical investigations for software/hardware designs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering (EE or EET) from ABET accredited program.
- Minimum 5 years of related engineering experience.
- Experience with C code development for embedded microcontrollers.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Experienced developing real-time embedded controller designs for commercial or military aerospace.
Experienced with generating control logic for interfacing with electro-mechanical peripheral equipment.
Experienced with various programming languages: VHDL, Python, and Assembly.
Experience with communication standards such as: I2C, SPI, ARINC 825, ARINC 429, or MIL-STD-1553.
Experience with DOORS, JIRA, or Subversion.
Demonstrated experience with DoD Air Worthiness (MIL-STD-516).
Experience with Military and DO software standards, such as DO-178, MIL-STD-498 or IEEE-12207.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visitwww.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page atwww.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: CMS - Davenport
Job Posting: 09-Sep-2020, 11:34:57 AM
Recruiter: Mark Whalen
Req ID: 317000