Belcan Software Engineer in Davenport, Iowa
Job Number: 287890
Description: A Software Engineer (Contract) job in Davenport, IA is available through Belcan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assess and improve software development and configuration management processes.
• Manage and control software elements and configurations over the product lifecycle, including product development.
• Administer and improve process for Software Problem Reports.
• Prepare for and support Stages of Involvement (SOI) audits to show compliance to processes.
• Ensure configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations and system updates.
• Develop complex configuration analysis plans to encompass contractual requirements.
• Develop and maintain software configuration management database.
• Coordinate with internal and external customers to determine a process for change reporting.
• Prepare written or electronic records of part design change documents.
• Prepare or provide input to engineering analyses, status reports, letters, technical memoranda, and briefings.
• Authorize the release of software changes specified by Program Management and other functional groups.
• Provide advice and guidance on methods, procedures and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation.
• Support Software (SW) Verification & Validation (V&V) execution
• B.S. degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
• 5 of experience with aerospace product development.
• Experience with Military and DO software standards, such as DO-178 and MIL-STD-498.
• 8 years software development experience with C/C++ in real-time embedded applications that interface with low level hardware (device drivers).
• Ability to evaluate existing code base and make modifications as required and to add new features and functionality.
• Experience with the MicroSemi Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is a plus.
• This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Location: Davenport , IA
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart