Eaton Corporation Sr. Quality Engineer - Supplier Development (Hybrid) in Davenport, Iowa
Eaton’s Mission Systems division is currently seeking a Sr. Quality Engineer - Supplier Development (Hybrid). This position is located in the growing Quad Cities, specifically in Davenport, IA. Eaton's Mission Systems is a Top 20 major employer in the Quad Cities.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $77249.97 - $113299.96 a year. Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
• Trains Suppliers BASIC Root Cause/Corrective Action, Process Mapping and Problem solving.
• Leads Supplier Improvement Plans coordinating collaboration between Eaton Supply Chain, Engineering and Quality resources along with Supplier’s to drive performance improvements.
• Performs QMS audits, Product audits, Production readiness reviews and other audits as necessary and write after-action reports.
• Manage complex supplier projects to drive long-term performance improvement.
• Supports Strategic Procurement and Supply Chain Program Management initiatives performing on-site supplier risk assessments and providing work transfer and new product start-up support.
• Trains suppliers on AS9145/APQP requirements to provide acceptable Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and First Article Inspection Reports.
• Collaborates with shop floor personnel and extended Manufacturing teams regarding performance of product and support the technical team to determine process improvements required to eliminate waste.
• Manages Corrective Action Resolution for DSQR suppliers.
• Work with 3rd Party Source Inspectors to prevent supplier quality nonconformance's.
• Investigate supply chain disruptions caused by suppliers, systemic in nature. This includes coordinating and collaborating with required technical knowledge experts internally and OEM suppliers responsible for providing an optimal solution.
• Participates or leads Kaizen events to drive process improvements internally or externally.
• Gather and interpret relevant data to create effective presentations (costs, productivity, defect patterns, etc.).
• Creates and present supplier performance metrics to management.
• Coordinates, monitors the process, and/or creates monthly supplier scorecards and off-board to suppliers including the data representing the charge to the supplier impacting OTD and Quality performance.
• Assists the Quality & Supply Chain Organization in the creation and maintenance of an Eaton Quality Management System (QMS) and Supplemental Purchase Order Conditions (SPOC) that will be used to establish and flow out quality requirements, assess suppliers, and measure all suppliers providing product or services.
• Certifies supplier’s employees to inspect parts and materials driving conformance and compliance requirements with the goal of zero defects.
• Actively promotes and enforces adherence to S|H|E rules and procedures.
• Identifies and effects change to reduce risks of harm and minimize waste and resources used
• Bachelor degree from an accredited institution
• 3 years’ experience in Quality, Engineering, or Manufacturing
• 2 years’ experience working directly with suppliers to improve quality and on-time delivery
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
• No relocation will be offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of the Davenport, IA facility will be considered for this position. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Field (i.e., Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
• 4+ years of Engineering experience
• 3+ years of experience with AS9145, AS9142
• 3+ years’ experience with Root Cause Analysis Tools, Lean Manufacturing, Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Lifecycle Management (LCM) experience.
• 3+ years’ experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) Auditing
• 3+ years’ experience in reading and interpreting technical documents, including prints (GD&T), drawings, and engineering orders.
• Familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
• Ability to operate measuring and gauging equipment, and proficiency in GD&T
• Ability to travel up to 50% and ability to obtain and hold a passport
• DOD and MIL-STD experience
• Military aviation or aircraft modification experience
• FAA experience
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification
• Experience with Lean Principles
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs