Cobham Mission Strategic Procurement Manager in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Strategic Procurement Managerto develop and lead the business unit’s strategic procurement and sourcing initiatives. Defining and implementing robust sourcing in support of the business’ goals. Lead the implementation of effective commodity based supplier management processes capable of achieving quality, cost, delivery and inventory improvements throughout the strategic supply chain network, in support of the business unit’s goals.This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Leading a multi-functional strategic, commodity based procurement team; setting clear objectives; managing performance; developing skills and competencies.
- Lead strategic procurement assessments including core context reviews, make buy plans, and developing and outsourcing strategy as required ensuring total cost of ownership is evaluated.
- Identifying and implementing LTAs and subcontracts.
- Securing a global supply base that meets the organisation’s cost targets.
- Applying SOF principles to build and manage effective supplier management processes and strong supplier relationships and partnerships.
- Collaborate across Cobham with Commodity Sourcing Leaders to implement sourcing strategies for externally procured parts and services under Cobham Category Management and bundling of demand.
- Lead product costing activities and drive cost reduction efforts. Deriving and monitoring total cost of ownership and cost reduction targets. Improving TCO and controlling Purchase Price Variances.
- Develop and implement site and commodity level sourcing plans including but not limited to clean sheet costing, total cost of ownership, customer directed sources or processes, and source controlled drawings.
- Conduct commodity market analysis & supplier profiles for current and emerging commodities and technologies.
- Develop kraljic matrix.
- Understand contractual flowdowns, quality, qualification, technical specifications, and current terms and conditions for improvement opportunities.
- Develop negotiation strategic plans to cancel, augment, change or implement new contracts.
- Participate in supplier qualification process, and lead projects to improve quality, cost and delivery performance issues with suppliers.
- Understand existing contracts and supplier performance, conduct gaps analysis, and develop recommendations and implementation plans.
- Develop a process with site procurement organizations to understand future product technology road maps and imbedded component or processing technology implications.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field required.
- 10-15 years’ experience working as a buyer or commodity manager within a technology company (ideally mechanical/aerospace) required.
- 2-5 years’ of managerial experience working in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Strategic procurement experience with indirect materials or MRO.
- Experience with small business reporting and audits within a US Government contractor.
- Previous experience of negotiating long term complex supplier agreements.
- Ability to determine the success or failure rate of a business using financial accounting.
- APICS and/or ISM affiliation desired; certification preferred (CSCP, CPSM);Certification in Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) and Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP).
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Procurement
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 06-Dec-2018, 3:08:20 PM
Recruiter: Natalie Dolan
Req ID: 277815