Lumen Account Director Senior M&P Specialized Sales SLED (West) in Des Moines, Iowa
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As an Account Director Senior - Specialized Sales for our SLED (State, Local, and Education), you will be responsible for managing business development while developing and implementing the sales strategy for high-profile, named accounts and/or specific market segment(s) that lead to the expansion and growth of specialized products. Accountable for participation in business development activities, coordination, and mobilizing the ecosystem around the strategy on assigned key account(s). Responsible for the overall development and implementation of the account plan.
The Main Responsibilities
• Grow the Managed Services business within SLED by uncovering new opportunities
• In this role you will showcase the full range of Lumen’s Managed Service offerings including Cloud Computing Services, Cloud Solutions (IaaS), Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, IT Infrastructure Services/Outsourcing, IT Consulting, Outsourcing services, Co-location.
• You will be part of a regional team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex technology needs contributing toward their business resilience.
• Drives account management responsibilities as an overlay sales role including solution creation, solution offering, configuration management, order issuance, service delivery, service management and revenue recognition. Demonstrates a balance of strategic and tactical thought leadership.
• Identifies, bids on, negotiates, and closes new sales opportunities to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas. Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing accounts.
• Provides input to sales management about trends and changes taking place within the customer’s organization and make recommendations about future courses of action necessary of the company towards improving its position with the customer.
• Collaborate with our Product Management and Architects to ensure that our solutions meet local market demands
• Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
• Develop and maintain customer relationships from the operational through the ‘C’ level in the pursuit of solution sales of SLED accounts.
• Accountable for meeting and/or exceeding assigned sales objectives and monthly revenue quotas, maintaining existing and building new revenue within a designated region.
• Own and drive opportunity strategy to close. Ensure that large opportunities are approached strategically with unique customer value defined beyond focus on price.
• Build a short- and long-term pipeline that ensures attainment of quarterly sales and revenue goals and drives improved forecast accuracy.
• Must demonstrate advanced technology and solution knowledge of IT solution sales on a day-to-day basis and how they align with SLED customer purchasing vehicles, contracts and RFXs.
• Will build and maintain accurate and up-to-date strategic account plans associated with new business opportunities being developed in partnership with account owners.
• Ability to set strategy, create plans, and support a geographically dispersed team to meet or exceed objectives
• Strong organizational skills imperative.
• May be required to obtain technical certifications.
• Continuous learning to acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, partner solutions and competition in SLED accounts to provide internal feedback on the development of market strategy.
• Partner with Lumen account managers and customers through a strategic and consultative sales approach to understand their business needs, issues, strategies and priorities to align Lumen products and solutions to meet customer needs.
• Manage sales funnel to analyze and manage pipeline activity and monitor sales activity against assigned quotas.
• Guide sales teams/leadership on sales strategies for opportunity management (e.g., up-sell, cross-sell, renewal, recapture) as a subject matter expert. May coach and guide large deal pursuit.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in selling complex IT infrastructure solutions to medium and enterprise businesses (SLED experience a plus) with meaningful relationships within that community. Existing C Level relationships a plus.
• Demonstrated success in applying consultative selling techniques to opportunities.
• Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Lumen. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive. Self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
• Proven and verifiable track record in exceeding sales quotas.
• Strong communication skills and presence in communicating with Executives. Excellent business writing and presentation skills
• Technical sales certifications
• Consultative or solutions-selling training (Miller Heiman, Sandler, etc.)
• Demonstrated level of success in the development of high-level client relationships
• Willingness to travel
• Demonstrated experience selling a combination of the following strongly preferred:
IT Infrastructure Solutions
CPE Solutions, positioned in an end-to-end solution format
IT Infrastructure Services/Outsourcing
Co-location, Cloud/Edge Compute
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 321231
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs