Cumuls Broadcasting Account Executive in Des Moines, Iowa
*CUMULUS MEDIA Des Moines (IA) *is seeking a dynamic *Outside (B2B) Sales Representative *to join our team! We are looking for a passionate, motivated, goal oriented individual for a unique opportunity where you are given a challenging mission, world-class tools to help you succeed, and the chance to realize your full potential.
Our brands include: Nash-FM 97.3 KHKI, Classic Rock 95 KGGO, Nash-Icon 92.5 KJJY, 98.3 The Vibe, Sports 1700 The Champ KGBB, Digital advertising platforms, and various music and entertainment events we present in the metro area.
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media (NASDAQ:CMLS) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 453 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), more than 8,200 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMY’s, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the American Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, Westwood One News, and more. Additionally, it is the nation's leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events. For more information, visit www.cumulus.com.
*What we offer: *
- Competitive pay with uncapped earning potential
- Professional growth and career path
- Our training program is designed to be continuous, with supportive leaders who are invested in the success of each of our reps
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
- Recognition and reward for outstanding performance
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long term
- Vacation & Holidays to enjoy the fruits of your labor
* **Competencies: *
- Proficiency in prospecting and aggressively seeking new clientele by networking, cold-calling, canvassing, referrals and other means, are core competencies of a Cumulus seller
- Be an expert in the customer’s business by gaining a deep understanding of their goals, objectives and processes as well as their external environment including key markets and consumer trends
- Creative spark - the ability to design, create and deliver customized advertising proposals/presentations
- Present client solutions by building rapport and delivering results through The Power of Radio
- Gain referral business by providing support, information, and guidance, qualitative research and recommending new opportunities for profit and/or service improvements
- Deliver exceptional client service
- Experience in Outside (B2B) Sales strongly preferred
- Proven experience growing and maintaining a robust sales funnel
- Strong sales acumen and proficiency in all phases of the sales cycle, proactive outbound phone sales and new account development
- Ability to perform independently in a fast-paced, hyper-competitive sales environment
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills; outgoing, sociable, and charismatic – you pride yourself on being able to strike up a conversation with anyone
- Accustomed to working with creative thinkers, digital marketers and editors
- Media sales experience preferred
- 4 year degree preferred but not required
For immediate consideration, please visit www.cumulus.com/careers
Cumulus Media, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Location: Des Moines, IA