Consolidated Electrical Distributors AC/DC Motor Mechanic in Des Moines, Iowa
Job title: AC/DC Motor Mechanic
Job ID: 202218400002
Department: Delaware-Electric Shop - 3E
Location: IA-Des Moines
Disassemble, inspect, clean, repair, test and reassemble complex and non-routine AC and DC electromechanical motors and equipment.
Reports to: Foreman
• High School diploma or equivalent. A trade certificate required.Or
• 2 years of experience
• Ability to read blueprints and drawings
• Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge
• Basic mechanical aptitude.
• Basic computer skills including use of Microsoft Office products and Adobe Reader
Work locations are primarily outdoors in varying weather conditions with frequent travel to customer locations for on-site repairs. You will work around electricity and other potential hazards requiring appropriate safety equipment and practices at all times. Much of the equipment used is heavy, so you must have the ability to lift as much as 75 pounds, as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Essential Job Functions:
• Read job cards to determine: job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
• Test Electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (AC & DC)
• Disassemble Electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration and condition.
• Clean Electro-mechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including but not limited to: Parts washers, pressure washers, sand blasting, etc.
• Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed items from the Purchasing department as approved by supervisor.
• Replace or repair worn or defective parts or Electro-mechanical assemblies, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, leads, gears, pulleys, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, tachometers, encoders, fans, end shields, etc.
• Re-test reassembled Electro-mechanical for proper output and operation.
• Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
• Operate specialized repair and test equipment and other equipment as needed.
• Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear especially eye protection.
• Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
• Keep work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor.
• Assist other shop employees in skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
• Perform other skills or duties as directed by supervisor.
• Ability to understand, perform and retain various skill related training and operational and safety procedures.
CED is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability | Veteran
Benefits available for this position are:
Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision Care for full-time positions
Paid Sick Leave
Paid Parental Leave
Consolidated Electrical Distributors
- Consolidated Electrical Distributors Jobs