EY Application Lead Engineer in Des Moines, Iowa
Application Lead Engineer
Core Business Services
Requisition # UNI00HFE
Post Date Mar 12, 2021
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Technology is at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and are key to our innovation as an organization.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are vital to innovation at scale. As part of Client Technology, you’ll work with technologists and business experts, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a catalyst for change and growth, you’ll be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The selected candidate will:
• Oversees the work of project teams to deliver solution or infrastructure development services for the most complex or multiple projects, being accountable for the quality of development outputs
• Takes accountability for the design, development, delivery and maintenance of a suite of solutions or infrastructure and drives the development of relevant standards
• Works with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development and vendor strategy
Your key responsibilities
• Takes accountability for the design, development, testing operation, delivery and maintenance of a suite of software solutions or infrastructure to satisfy user requirements
• Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues; researches and monitors existing client base and industry developments and identifies potential new product opportunities
• Provides highly advanced technical expertise to maximize efficiency, reliability and value from current solutions, infrastructure, platforms and emerging technologies, showing technical leadership and driving continuous improvement efforts
• Drives the appropriate behaviours to achieve success, whilst delivering performance management, technical development and coaching
• Drives adherence to the relevant processes, procedures, standards, technical design and the need to design whilst leading the definition, maintenance and implementation of technology standards
Skills and attributes for success
• Highly advanced technical competency in designing, developing, and debugging software solutions
• Expert on Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), understand the process end-to-end
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Mathematics, or related field preferred
• More than 10 years applied experience
• Extensive relevant experience in either an internal or external software or platform engineering role, or similar, with highly advanced technical knowledge in assigned specialism
• Highly advanced technical knowledge and experience in delivering software / platform engineering solutions (depending on specialism), providing extensive technical advice and managing user requirements and process and standards maintenance
• Considerable people leadership and stakeholder management experience.
• Extensive relevant experience in building application using container-orchestration systems like Kubernetes, and container engines like Docker
• Proven experience on software development lifecycle
• Strong in Cloud Computing and Infrastructure.
• Extensive relevant experience in building real-time data pipelines and streaming apps using Kafka, and RabbitMQ message broker
• DevOps skills, CI/CD delivery using code management, configuration management and automation tools such as Azure DevOps, GitHub, Ansible, DSC, Puppet, Ambari, Chef, Salt, Jenkins, Maven, SonarQube, Whitesource, etc.
• Delivery using modern methodologies especially SAFe Agile, Iterative, etc.
Ideally, you’ll also have one or many of the following certifications
• Microsoft Azure
• Cisco CCNA/P
• SAFe Agile
• PMI PMP
What we look for
• A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs