AIRGAS USA LLC Area Branch Operations Coordinator in Des Moines, Iowa
R10036691 Area Branch Operations Coordinator (Open)
Des Moines, IA - Retail shop
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Position Title: Area Branch Operations Coordinator - Des Moines, IA - Monday- Friday The Area Branch Operations Coordinator (ABOC) assists the Area Vice President by supporting efforts to improve the safety, profitability, effectiveness, accuracy, and efficiency of the Area Branch operations. The ABOC is responsible for providing analytics, evaluation and reporting of Branch metrics and pricing initiatives. The ABOC further supports the Area Branch locations with ongoing SAP, vendor and product training.
- Assists and supports the District Managers (DMs) and Branch associates comply with Safety Management Systems in conjunction with the Regional Safety Department. Supports the Branches on the execution of the Accident and Injury Reduction Plans consistent with Airgas Safety Council and Safecor guidelines.
Maintains an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Manual, Safety Management System, SAP processes and learning tools, Business Warehouse (BW) tools, and SharePoint tools. Provides support to the branch leaders in the Area to improve the understanding and effective use of these procedures and systems.
Provides training and conducts audits on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Shares results with DMs and the Branch associates as well as the AVPs. Follows up by measuring progress at the branches and communicating with the AVP and DM. o Supports efforts to ensure that new employees at the branches receive the appropriate training on systems, procedures, and processes.
- Assists with making certain that SAP enhancements, changes, corrections, reports, and other communication from various functional leaders is shared with the appropriate associates within the business Area. Actively participates in the "cascade" of information to the branches that comes from regional or corporate leadership. This may include policy changes, roll-outs, road shows, new products or services, safety compliance and other local or national projects.
- Supports the Company objective to execute Airgas's Core Strategy I and II activities in the Branches and throughout the Area.
- Assists the AVP and DMs by compiling branch metrics for the branches within the Area and identifying and communicating results and sharing best practices throughout all assigned branches.
- Communicates routinely with AVP regarding progress, obstacles, issues, and process improvement suggestions at the branches. Communicate with leadership when ineffective or poor processes are identified that are contributing to transaction inaccuracy or should be otherwise improved. o May assist the Area leaders improve transactional accuracy and SAP proficiency.
- Supports effective teamwork, communication and collaboration between the branch associates, field sales teams, Sales Specialists, and Business Service Center (BSC) associates.
- Conducts routine visits to Branches to assist the AVP and his or her direct reports by identifying and evaluating branch performance, safety compliance, inventory levels, SOP compliance, and training gaps.
- Other projects/initiatives as assigned.
__Are you a MATCH?
- High School Diploma or GED Required. Associate's degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of increasing responsibility in branch retail sales or branch/production operations.
Prior experience with sales and/or operations in the distribution industry preferred.
Prior SAP experience required.
Must be proficient with SAP utilization and system capabilities.
Ability to read and comprehend manuals and documentation such as material safety data sheets and
- Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Analytical skills and financial acumen for articulati g metrics utilized by sales and the Branches.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and to create cross-functional alignment.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information. -Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement. This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424).
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability