TEKsystems Azure Architect in Des Moines, Iowa
FULLY REMOTE, PREFERENCE TO MIDWESTDescription:
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Cloud Infrastructure Architect is responsible for developing and delivering end-to-end enterprise-wide cloud transformation, from planning and deployment to execution, security, governance and cost management of the entire Azure ecosystem.
Must maintain a deep understanding and awareness of technology advancements for future cloud, software, and other relative implementations and capabilities to support architecting, engineering, and planning activities in IT infrastructure and operations.
Must be able to communicate thoroughness of vision for system architecture topology, component design, networking and security of proposed solutions through modeling and using tools such as Visio.
Must have working knowledge in Ansible, Terraform, PowerShell, Python, Kubernetes, Azure, VMWare, Windows and Linux.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and architect for large scale Azure hybrid cloud deployments with Azure Kubernetes Services and Azure public cloud.
• Define the architecture for high availability data redundancy, data loss prevention, site recovery, and resilience.
• Define and implement the architecture for high throughput and scale with capacity planning load balancing strategies.
• Design and implement provisioning of production grade Azure Kubernetes Services, AKS Azure Container Registry, NGINX Ingress Controller, Service Mesh, container security and secrets management.
• Implement the architecture to ensure data security at-rest and in-transit application security key management, identity management authentication and authorization.
• Demonstrate deep understanding of cloud security tools such as CASB and SIEM.
• Provide guidance for automation of infrastructure applications and software defined networking through CI CD pipeline, Terraform and Azure CLI scripts using Azure DevOps.
• Provide strategy and implementation services that enable IT Operations to achieve substantial cost reduction and business agility benefits through the use of DevSecOps and CI/CD (continuous integration / continuous delivery) processes.
• Assists with the development of enterprise level DevSecOps strategies and leads the building of automated infrastructure deployments.
• Develops strategies for cloud automation implementations; architects the infrastructure required to support those strategies. Acts as project lead in the design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware as it relates to automation.
• Actively plan the configuration, layout, and performance tuning of the production infrastructure, in order to ensure automation optimization.
• Conducts research on DevSecOps tool chains, automated infrastructure deployments, and cloud strategies.
• Performs other related work as assigned.
Windows, cloud, development, iaas, architecture, azure automation, automation, terraform, strategy, Azure, Devops, Microservices, Powershell, Ansible, MCSE, CI/CD
Top Skills Details:
1) Azure: Client is moving to the Cloud and with them being a Microsoft shop they will be utilizing Azure. So, this engineer will need to have Azure experience.
2) CI/CD experience: Throughout American Equity's modernization efforts, this team will be working to build out CI/CD pipelines so this person will need to have experience with this type of work.
3) Automation: The qualified candidate will need to have good automation skills. Powershell, Python, Ansible, etc.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
The candidates need to have AT LEAST 2 out of the 3: Azure (Must have), Terraform & Ansible.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs