FIELDCORE SERVICE SOLUTIONS LLC Boiler Mechanic, ( 23-8404) in Des Moines, Iowa
The Boiler Mechanic I - will work on industrial projects with industrial boilers / HRSG systems. Will have specific duties and responsibilities (this can vary with each project depending on the support needed) assisting and supporting the maintenance, repairs, installation, startup, and troubleshooting of boilers / HRSG systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with repairing and installing of Boiler / HRSG parts, components, and systems.
- Perform tasks within area of expertise safely.
- Applies experience and skills to complete assigned work within own area of expertise safely.
- Expands skills in own work area within an operational process
- Works within standard operating procedures or methods
- Works with a moderate degree of supervision
- Work in confined spaces as well as wear the required safety equipment when need:
- Successfully complete and pass company technical and safety training.
- Lifting and moving heavy equipment and machinery as per company safety policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel may be required
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization's core values.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or associate degree in Technical Field
- Up to two (2) years of experience working with boilers / HRSG systems
- Must have Driver's License
- Must possess minimum required hand tools.
- Trainee level. Trial position to ensure a good fit for the company - attitude, skills, ambition
- Basic skills training to ensure knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization.
- Experience working with Boilers / HRSG systems can be substituted for degree
- Experience in industrial outage maintenance desired
- Mechanical aptitude and experience working on Boiler / HRSG industrial projects.
- Experience working with installation of manholes, handholes, valves, gauges, and feedwater connections in drums and vessels.
- Experience working with repair boilers, tanks, and vessels in the field by unbolting or flame cutting defective sections preferred
- Experience working with firing systems, with fuel and air injection systems, pulverizes, and auxiliary components, etc. relating to Boiler / HRSG systems preferred
- Experience troubleshooting industrial equipment
- Must have mechanical/technical/organizational skills and work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Previous safety training and experience with life vests, ear protection, rubber gloves, leather gloves, hard hat, slicker suit, acid suit, rubber gloves, full face breathing mask, wearing full safety harness, or wearing a face shield
- In-depth safety training
- English proficiency preferred
Compensation and Benefits: The hourly wage range for this position is $18.51 to $31.49. Employees may be eligible for overtime. FieldCore benefits include insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life), retirement savings, health and Wellness reimbursement, and a bonus or incentive program. Eligibility for FieldCore benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable benefits plan.
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil and gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and qua ity, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website .
FieldCore is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law